Recreating a 6g3?

SeasonOfPain

Inspired
Hi all! I've been getting the hankering for playing a Fender 6g3 Brown Deluxe lately. Unfortunately the Axe doesn't have this model in its considerable arsenal, so I've been thinking of how best to approximate the tone by tweaking one of the Axe's other models.

"Lineage"-wise, it would appear the Deluxe Verb (AB763) might be a good starting point for this. I found this discussion that seems to suggest adjusting plate voltages might be a good start, but I lack the practical know-how to translate this into changes in the Axe's amp settings (not to mention the lack of an actual 6g3 for comparison). That discussion also makes the good point (which Cliff has reiterated elsewhere) that schematics often aren't as accurate as one would hope. Yes, I could (and will) eventually tweak by ear until I get something that sounds "right", but am hoping someone who knows what they're doing and better understands the workings of this amp can provide solid pointers for what settings should be adjusted and how.

Is the AB763 the best starting point for this? Or would another amp altogether be a better platform? The 6g3 is definitely one of the more "Marshally" Fender amps modeled in the Axe (really only Dweezil's Bassman comes closer).

EDIT: I'm looking to recreate channel 2 of this amp.

Back
Top Bottom