Recreate an Eventide Eclipse preset? (823) "Verb>breV"

claxor

Power User
Hey everyone,

I'm loving this Eventide Eclipse stock preset titled "Verb>breV", and its preset number is 823. It is supposed to be a modulated reverb feeding into dual reverse delays set for a long amount of time.

I'm sure that this can be recreated on the Axefx 2 (or 3), but I'm struggling to figure out what settings need to be used in the Axefx to achieve this sound.

You can hear a sample of the preset on Italo's webpage for the Eventide Eclipse. Go to this webpage, and listen to the 4th sample from the top of the page titled "823 Verb>breV":

http://www.italodeangelis.com/it/eventide_and_other_stuff/eventide_eclipse.asp

Let me know your suggestions, and thanks for your help!

Put reverb in parallel at 100% mix, send reverb through two reverse delays in parallel. Max delay time is 8s so this aspect will differ from the 10s stated for the Eventide preset.

Some of the normal reverb sound is present; this can be done by setting one delay mix below 100%. Set other delay mix to 100%. Alternatively a connection could be made from reverb to the dry row. Then you might need to reduce reverb level and increase delay levels to get the right mix.

It sounds like the delay splicing is roughly 180 degrees offset, each delay restarting ~5s after the other. To match this, delay "Run" parameters should be activated 4 seconds apart (for 8s max time). This could be done with modifiers, one instant and the other damped. Otherwise you could just time the switching with AE or front panel. I think "trig restart" also needs to be enabled.

For reverb settings I'd just pick something that sounds good and see what various time & mod depth/rate settings sound like. Try turning up time until it gets a bit cluttered when you play a few single notes in sequence, then turn it down a bit. Adjust "early decay" to control how much each note swells at the end.

There's some stereo width to everything so maybe try stereo chorus as last block.

Bakerman, can you be more specific regarding what modifier settings to use for the “run” &/or “trig restart” parameters?

Set trig. restart = on

Assign one source (probably an Ext Ctrl or scene controller) to both "run" parameters. Keep one of these modifiers at defaults. Lower the other modifier's "end" value to just above 50% and set damping close to maximum, like 800-900 ms. That should reach the "on" zone about 4 seconds after the other modifier when the source toggles 0-100%. This only needs to be done once for the proper offset while on this preset or scene, unless you're trying to do something like match one splice point to the start of a phrase later.

Well, I got it to sound rather similarly, and it's quite cool sounding, but I never got the controllers to work properly. Wouldn't attaching an LFO, ADSR, or Envelope Follower to the RUN controllers make more sense than an external controller or scene controller? (I'm not using a pedal for this preset, and I'd like to keep the preset to one scene to make changes more seamless)

Ideally the source would activate run and keep it on. You wouldn't want the delays to mute every time you stopped playing.

I think a manual (ABCD) knob might work if you set it to 100% in this preset, 0% in the previous preset. The modifier with zero/minimal damping can probably be omitted then; just enable run for that delay.

Are you using a MIDI controller? This is the sort of thing where a switch configured as an Ext Ctrl is nice to have.

Are you using a MIDI controller? This is the sort of thing where a switch configured as an Ext Ctrl is nice to have.

I do have an RJM Mastermind LT, with an expression pedal and an external switch plugged in to the LT for extra momentary on/off effects.

I was hoping to have this preset just do its thing on its own, and not have to tap dance while I'm playing guitar. Isn't there a way to do this?

A manual ABCD knob at 100% will work as the delayed run source. I tried this and the previous value doesn't seem to matter. The modifier will go from zero to the saved manual value w/ damping applied.

"MID" value for this modifier should be 0%, which I forgot to mention earlier. The goal is to have the dot barely reach the "on" zone (upper half of graph) near the right edge.

Back
Top Bottom