Recording

Angerbeard

So I’m finally tracking into Logic nicely via USB and monitoring out of Axe as well. Question now is, how do I track a microphone xlr or keyboard without switching anything? :)

Eric - is that you?

You can plug external stuff in to the other inputs on the rear. You will need to add the associated Input blocks (relative to what you plugged in to) to the grid.

Depending on whether you are tracking only the external device or both external and guitar you may want to also add extra Output blocks to route to different channels on the USB.

Check the manual for mapping of Output to USB channels.

For a mic you still need a mic preamp - the Axe Fx doesn't include one.

If you have another audio interface, record your guitar and reamp with the AXE interface until you are happy with the guitar, lay down those tracks, then switch over to your dedicated Audio interface. I don't know why, but my DAW only lets you run one audio interface at a time. Every time I switch over I have to go into preferences and change. It will not let me run more than one interface at a time. You can stack the same interface several times, but mine will not let you run more than one interface at a time. I am just curious if all DAWs are like that.

If you have another audio interface, record your guitar and reamp with the AXE interface until you are happy with the guitar, lay down those tracks, then switch over to your dedicated Audio interface. I don't know why, but my DAW only lets you run one audio interface at a time. Every time I switch over I have to go into preferences and change. It will not let me run more than one interface at a time. You can stack the same interface several times, but mine will not let you run more than one interface at a time. I am just curious if all DAWs are like that.

It's a matter of what driver and what OS you are using.

In macOS you can make an aggregate device. It's build in - in the OS.

You can't do that in Windows. But I think that some ASIO-drivers gives you that ability in Windows. But I'm not sure - I don't use Windows myself.

I have my AxeIII connected via s/pdif to another interface (Avid Omni). In Pro Tools, combined I/O's are all available no matter which interface is chosen as playback engine.
I'm on Windows.

I have my AxeIII connected via s/pdif to another interface (Avid Omni). In Pro Tools, combined I/O's are all available no matter which interface is chosen as playback engine.
I'm on Windows.
It Could be just with Sonar Platinum. I just got the latest version of Pro Tools, so I will see with that when I have time to breathe. I am not a fan of Mac, because they are so proprietary. Plus, every time my buddy updates his, stuff stops working. I built my PC from the ground up and very happy with Windows 10. I have the second fastest processor out there at the time I built my PC and loaded with Ram, with 5 hot swap able hard drives for storage and backup. I know you have Window also, but you have PC people and Mac people. You know how that goes.

I am not a fan of Mac, because they are so proprietary. Plus, every time my buddy updates his, stuff stops working.

i switched from Windows to Mac 15 years ago and i never look back,i always wait some months to update to the new mac OS or to update DAW or plugins,never had any issue.,also i build my own Hackintosh,i have both a real mac and a Hackintosh.

Back
Top Bottom