Recording with SPDIF

BME

Sorry for another one of these threads guys. I've searched and found similar issues but no real solutions to my specific problem.

Gear is a Scarlett 6i6 connected to an 2010 iMac (High Sierra) running Logic Pro X.

So I've connected via SPDIF cable from the output on the AX8 to the SPDIF input on the 6i6.

I know the sample rate for recording via SDIF needs to be 48 kHz. On Scarlett MixControl, when I try to change it from 44.1 to 48, I get the below message:

Scarlett MixControl.png

I've set the sample rate in my Logic project to 48 kHz, but I still get that message, so can't seem to progress any further.

Any ideas? I'm stumped.

I'm not in front of my iMac right now but I remember being able to set the sample rate for the computers internal card. Maybe under preferences/audio you may be conflicting with system settings?

Check the clock source for SPDIF (in Logic - maybe also from the MixControl?): Set it to external (AX8) rather than internal.

So I've managed to get audio to come out now, but there's what can only be described as a ticking/clicking noise every 2-3 seconds when I play.

Also, I've recorded some audio in Logic, and the audio waves are in front of me, but when I play back a clip I'm getting absolutely no sound.

Other files recorded by other inputs and mics are fine.

Any ideas?

The clicking is from the lack of sample rate lock. You need to set your focusrite clock source to spdif.

All your sounds need to be set to 48000, internal and external. You can change the internal sounds in your computer's sound settings. Once you do this, your interface should automatically change.

Back
Top Bottom