Recording with iMovie

EdgE

Fractal Fanatic
Was wondering if any body knows how to get rid of the dry signal being recorded with my distortion guitar tone in iMovie , i'm just sitting in front camera in iMovie and hitting record. the problem is the dry signal is coming though,( the dry signal you use to reamp with) along with my distorted guitar .Happens in photo booth ,quick time player too .I can record in reaper no problem without that happing. Just started to try this to get better audio than iPhone Thanks

Quicktime, and all apps that use Quicktime for recording, will record all input channels. That means the DI channels will be included in your stereo recording. If you're looking for a lightweight app to do audio recording, GarageBand will work fine, since it records channels 1/2.

Will give a try thanks , I was going to try my interface also .just one of those things I try ,cant figure out ,then move on .go back later .your think it would be simple instead of buying better camara and doing the Clap thing and getting in sync.I will keep trying

That's a thought. If you plugin into input 2, set that as your input to the grid, and set usb 7/8 source to input 3, it's a pain in the butt, but it might work.

Realistically though, it would be a lot better to simply use GarageBand. That's going to work a lot better for audio recording than iMovie.

Back
Top Bottom