Recording with FL Studio

Kernzie

Hey guys, very new to the Axe FX so forgive me. I believe I have everything setup correctly but when I attempt to record multiple tracks through FL Studio (rhythm with a separate lead) I'm having an issue where it will double record whatever I lay down first. It will also record the metronome if I try to record using one so it seems like it is recording everything that plays back through the Axe FX as I'm using the FAS ASIO which doesn't allow me to direct separate outputs. Any suggestions/advice are much appreciated!

never used FL studio, but assume you have two tracks set up into which you want to record? if so do you have them both armed for record all the time?

If all else fails get reaper its easy and brilliant

Only think I can think of is to make sure that there aren't any inputs selected on the main/master channel, and/or it isn't accidentally armed to record. I've had this happen a couple times in FL Studio, and anything that is running through the main bus (i.e. everything already recorded including the click) gets duplicated. The same could happen if you were routing individual tracks into submixes and accidentally armed the channel that your submix is routed to. But since you mentioned the click, I would assume the main bus is the culprit.

I've never used the AxeFX (or any modeler for that matter) directly as the USB interface to the computer though, I've always run through something else, so for all I know there could be an issue with that too.

FL studio is kind of funky for recording imo. I’d recommend use reaper for recording tracks, then insert your tracks into FL. I started that way then eventually abandoned FL for reaper altogether.

I've recorded the AxeFx many times with FL Studio. It works fine, but it takes some setup. The first thing is not to use the FAS ASIO driver. Use ASIO4ALL. The FAS driver doesn't let you use a different device for output, so it's always going to output back to the AxeFx, which might be causing your doubling. It will also give you the option of recording the 4 inputs individually.

Reactions: jon
I've recorded the AxeFx many times with FL Studio. It works fine, but it takes some setup. The first thing is not to use the FAS ASIO driver. Use ASIO4ALL. The FAS driver doesn't let you use a different device for output, so it's always going to output back to the AxeFx, which might be causing your doubling. It will also give you the option of recording the 4 inputs individually.
Hello,
How do we record the dry signal while playing with a axe fx 2 preset? please

thnak you

IN1 and IN2: wet signal (IN1 for mono, IN1 and IN2 for stereo L/R).
IN3 and IN4: dry signal.

For instance, I always record via USB and I always record in mono (no dual amps or stereo effects in my presets) so I always record IN1 and IN3 (just in case I change my mind about the sound and I want to reamp in the future).

PS: I use REAPER but it doesn't matter, the inputs and logic is exactly the same no matter what DAW you use.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom