Recording with Axe-fx?

Tezzor8

Being new to the whole MIDI (and axe-fx) thing, how do I connect this up to my PC to record? Is this done through MIDI (and a MIDI interface to usb, same as connecting to the editor) or do I need to use another connection (i.e. guitar output into PC? If so, do I need another guitar ouput to usb interface?) What works best for other users? Does anyone use the guitar rig controller or similar to achieve both - MIDI for connecting to the Axe Editor and guitar input for signal? I don't want separate interfaces/MIDI boxes, so an all-in-one solution for getting my axe-fx connected to my PC for both editing patches & recording would be ideal, if possible? Thanks.

If you have an AxeFX Standard or Ultra you'll need an audio interface with at least one audio input, and why not a MIDI interface. With this you'll be able to tweak settings while recording.

Check out the Presonus Firestudio Mobile. You probably want something similar to that with Midi, SPDIF and line inputs all in one unit. It also has mic inputs on the front with pretty good preamps in case you ever need to mic anything.

I'm sure there are other similar units around but this is what I use and it is brilliant.

I'm sorry but as a Presonus unit owner i must advise another brand as we get a lot of MIDI errors (CRC) with the Presonus MIDI interface...

Back
Top Bottom