Recording with axe - brainstorming - 4 HIRes IRs with 2 Cab blocks- what do think?

unFILTERed

Power User
i have always been using 2 cab blocks and 2 IRs out of my Ownhammer library representing 2 different mics...

Today i decided to record 4 Hires IRs (2 different mics + room and rear) via 2 Stereo HIres Cab blocks, each IR in individual block panned hard R/L and one Cab going out to Output1 via SPdif, the other one to Output 2 via FXL Block...this would give me later on by mix down freedom to create different sounds depending on what the song needs...

what do u guys think, is it overkill or some of you are doing it this way?

by the way on an other thread i mentioned already, right now i am having phase issues between both outputs, which isnt a big deal to correct in the DAW but would be great to find a solution in AXE (delaying one cab block solves it but hope there is better way)

i know but my intention is to have the freedom to mix the way i want later on and being able to change the sound....and if i record for someone elses project, this way i can deliver them 4 tracks and they can use them the way they want...

buuutttt still trying to figur out if its too much...

cab lab let's you mix up to 8 IRs so 4 is not to crazy

i have always been using 2 cab blocks and 2 IRs out of my Ownhammer library representing 2 different mics...

Today i decided to record 4 Hires IRs (2 different mics + room and rear) via 2 Stereo HIres Cab blocks, each IR in individual block panned hard R/L and one Cab going out to Output1 via SPdif, the other one to Output 2 via FXL Block...this would give me later on by mix down freedom to create different sounds depending on what the song needs...

what do u guys think, is it overkill or some of you are doing it this way?

by the way on an other thread i mentioned already, right now i am having phase issues between both outputs, which isnt a big deal to correct in the DAW but would be great to find a solution in AXE (delaying one cab block solves it but hope there is better way)

I find it really interesting ...surely tricky to implement .

4 ir panned hard with 2 of them as room ... Phase issues are normal ... Maybe this is his implementation :)
Producing guitar sounds with "intentional" comb filtering / phase issue

Interesting for sure ...

It works great, Started using four analog channels, no comp filtering or phase issues but u can easily get it
by delaying the IRs in axe or in DAW

I find it really interesting ...surely tricky to implement .

4 ir panned hard with 2 of them as room ... Phase issues are normal ... Maybe this is his implementation :)
Producing guitar sounds with "intentional" comb filtering / phase issue

Interesting for sure ...

I see your idea of having flexibility, but it might be a little overkill while still actually be limiting. I'd just record a completely dry track for reamping later. Then you have complete flexibility of not only which IRs you want, but amp and effect tones as well.

Back
Top Bottom