Recording with AX8 and Logic X

boz52

Experienced
Has anyone have any trouble when finishing recording and putting your songs into a CD? I know the AX8 only works when the sample rate is 48K and the CD's have to be 44.1K. Is there a difference is the total sound when converting to 44.1k? Let me know your experiences please. Thanks, Ben

The AX8 has digital outputs (SPDIF). Those are 48k. I think the conversion from 48k to 44.1k is a debated topic. I haven't had to perform what you are asking, but I wouldn't expect a problem either.

Has anyone have any trouble when finishing recording and putting your songs into a CD? I know the AX8 only works when the sample rate is 48K and the CD's have to be 44.1K. Is there a difference is the total sound when converting to 44.1k? Let me know your experiences please. Thanks, Ben

I'm not shure if you will notice the difference.
On the other hand. Logic will have to convert most sampler audio files for your audio instruments if your project is set to 48kHz.
That takes time and effort.
The question is if it is easier to record the analog ax8 signal and live with the knowledge that you have done an extra d/a conversion. :)

I run analog out to an interface (Sapphire), it does all the a/d conversion. Also through old school recording chain (bae mic pre>La2a>eqp-1a)
Really love Ax8 for recording- solved a lot of problems for me!

Back
Top Bottom