Recording wet/dry signal with spdif?

Barmaleus

Experienced
Hi people!

I was wondering if it is possible to record wet (amp+cab) + dry (DI) through spdif? I've messed with it tonight, but could not separate sounds in Reaper.

Is it only possible to record dry + wet with analogue cables (main out + fx send)?

Thanks for any help :)

Sure, pan one left and one right -

FYI I do this all the time - having a DI is super useful for editing, even if you don't reamp or do anything else w it.

Apologies for resurrecting an old threat, but can somebody confirm if the DI signal you get through this method (using 1 side of the S/PDIF stereo connection) is the same in terms of signal quality as the one you would get by using output 3/4 through the USB connection? My understanding is the USB connection takes the signal from the input before the initial A/D converter but using the S/PDIF connection you are taking the signal from the output after it has passed the DSP block even if the DSP block doesn't actually do anything to the sound. Can anyone from Fractal confirm what the differences are between the 2 methods? Is there any more latency? Anymore ADDA conversions?

The AX8 does not have a USB audio interface.

The USB connection (on other fractal products) is definitely tapped after the A/D conversion (USB cannot transport an analog signal).

I am also finding that the AXE FX is crackly through S/PDIF whereas I get no crackling noises when monitoring through analogue or recording through USB. The crackling sound definitely is there and gets recorded along with any audio I record. Anyone know why this might be happening?

Back
Top Bottom