Recording via OUT2 in Reaper

Does anyone know how to record in USB via OUT2? I can record via OUT1 just fine. My OUT1 is connected to my FRFR, while OUT2 is connected to studio monitors. I can hear fine via OUT2, just can't record. I can see the spike levels in the OUT2 block, but recording gives me a blank file. I've messed around with the settings in FM3, but wondering if this is something I need to change in Reaper as well. It looks like the issue is that in Reaper I cannot get OUT2 to show up as the input to the track.
1600446081604.png

Go to Preferences in Reaper. What do you have set as Inputs in Reaper? Else you can click the routing button and Add New HW and select OUT2.

Does anyone know how to record in USB via OUT2? I can record via OUT1 just fine. My OUT1 is connected to my FRFR, while OUT2 is connected to studio monitors. I can hear fine via OUT2, just can't record. I can see the spike levels in the OUT2 block, but recording gives me a blank file. I've messed around with the settings in FM3, but wondering if this is something I need to change in Reaper as well. It looks like the issue is that in Reaper I cannot get OUT2 to show up as the input to the track.
View attachment 72923

I think you’re mixing up the output blocks with the output ports. Unfortunately, the blocks and the ports are confusingly both named 1 and 2, but they are only loosely related. There is no output 2 over USB so you shouldn’t expect to see anything with that name.

Back
Top Bottom