Recording tube head with axe fx cab sims?

Axefxrocks

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been discussed before.

Is it possible to run an amp head through the axe fx 2 and using the cab sims to record to Mac or PC?
I guess using it like a the Rivera products?

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

Hey, thanks for the response!

That's great!

I have a Victory V30 and want to run it through the axe fx II XL+ to use the cab sims the go direct to my PC or iMac.
What would be the best way to set this up? Also would I need another interface?

This could be very cool! I'm currently using a Fryette Power Station for taming my JMP for those times when I'm not Fractalling it up. Would be very curious to see the features/functions of a Fractal-designed box.

True, except that I'm hoping this isn't Torpedo Studio money. ;)
The cheapest way, may be to find an AxeFX amp model that is 'close enough' to your amp and go from there.
There are so many good amps available in the AxeFX that you should pick one you like and get back to enjoying playing your guitar. :)

Amazing !

Will it have special features such as an IR processor ?

Yes, in the active version. There are two models: the LB-1 and the LB-1P. The LB-1P is just a passive loadbox. The LB-1 is a full-featured product that includes stereo IR processing plus effects and a whole lot more (I don't want to spill the beans yet). The load itself uses proprietary, custom-designed magnetics that mimic the dynamic impedance of an actual loudspeaker. I've been testing the passive version and it sounds much better than any other loadbox I've tried. No high end loss and nice, chunky bass response.

Yes, in the active version. There are two models: the LB-1 and the LB-1P. The LB-1P is just a passive loadbox. The LB-1 is a full-featured product that includes stereo IR processing plus effects and a whole lot more (I don't want to spill the beans yet). The load itself uses proprietary, custom-designed magnetics that mimic the dynamic impedance of an actual loudspeaker. I've been testing the passive version and it sounds much better than any other loadbox I've tried. No high end loss and nice, chunky bass response.

Cool. Thanks Cliff.

OMG!!

Question If I have amps with passive efx loop is it safe to use axe fx II in say a D lator for a D style amp ?
maybe my answer is the lb-1 as I like my Ir's just fine. I wanted to use axe fx II in the loop not sure if its ok in active loop though just checking.. Thanks in advance...

Back
Top Bottom