Recording tube head with axe fx cab sims?

I'd almost forgotten about this and started looking at Two Notes. Hope this little treasure comes soon.
This might be a long wait. Two Notes demands a high premium for their top of the line unit and FAS will have to do the same making this a rare item. It shouldn't cost so much but they always do.

man i can't wait to see what they do with this loadbox, knowing how deep they are getting into the interaction between rig components ie speaker impedance and power amp transformer function they will probably have some weird ass electromagnet / transformer grid that changes voltage in the electromagnet dynamically based on input signal fluctuations to change the load the amp sees to mimic different speaker types and configurations

Yes, in the active version. There are two models: the LB-1 and the LB-1P. The LB-1P is just a passive loadbox. The LB-1 is a full-featured product that includes stereo IR processing plus effects and a whole lot more (I don't want to spill the beans yet). The load itself uses proprietary, custom-designed magnetics that mimic the dynamic impedance of an actual loudspeaker. I've been testing the passive version and it sounds much better than any other loadbox I've tried. No high end loss and nice, chunky bass response.

Any updates on the LB-1? If I'm reading this right it is exactly what I need and have been waiting for....A dream come true... Please take my money/// haha..

Found this:

34553928263_dbdc62083a_c.jpg

34553928323_540d68acd6_c.jpg

Hallo everyody ! I have an Axe-Fx II MKII. I have several Set Up's but the one I am mostly concerned right now is the big one with 2 Amps that don't have an Fx Loop (Marshall JTM45 & Fender Bassmann). For this reason I thought it is best to use m RJM Switching System and so I can integrate my Amps 2 two pcs. two notes live 19" units.

1) Question One - Set Up:
For this Set up which is quiet complicated, I need use 2 load boxes - do I? Will it also solve the No FX Loop on the Amp issue?

2) Question Two - LB-1:
I think this would solve my problem rg FX Loop and it is just 1 unit for two amps? What is the time frame I have to think about, or should I buy in between a second Two Notes Torpedo Live?

Thanks in advance guys...!
Any tip would be so cool (I am surrounded by cables and notes i did iiiihhhhh ;-)

For this Set up which is quiet complicated, I need use 2 load boxes - do I? Will it also solve the No FX Loop on the Amp issue?
Yes.

2) Question Two - LB-1:
I think this would solve my problem rg FX Loop and it is just 1 unit for two amps? What is the time frame I have to think about, or should I buy in between a second Two Notes Torpedo Live?
Heres the latest publicly-available info:

Production samples due soon. We made some last minute changes to the design which include a "US/UK" voicing switch. That pushed the schedule out a bit.

First pics of the production samples

LB2.jpg

LB2_rear.jpg

Hallo everyody ! I have an Axe-Fx II MKII. I have several Set Up's but the one I am mostly concerned right now is the big one with 2 Amps that don't have an Fx Loop (Marshall JTM45 & Fender Bassmann). For this reason I thought it is best to use m RJM Switching System and so I can integrate my Amps 2 two pcs. two notes live 19" units.

2) Question Two - LB-1:

Thanks in advance guys...!
Any tip would be so cool (I am surrounded by cables and notes i did iiiihhhhh ;-)

Did you say that you have two Two Notes Live rackmounts?
All Axe Fx effects will still need to be ran in front of the amps, the Two Notes Live have no effect loops for the Axe Fx they just provide the loadbox and IRs for output to a mixer or amp. If you do not have two of them hold off, they are very expensive. Fractial's LB-1 would be a better buy for the loadbox part and you would need two of them. Then run the LB-1s outputs back into the Axe Fx to provide the effects and IRs to output to a mixer and/or amp.

Yes, in the active version. There are two models: the LB-1 and the LB-1P. The LB-1P is just a passive loadbox. The LB-1 is a full-featured product that includes stereo IR processing plus effects and a whole lot more (I don't want to spill the beans yet). The load itself uses proprietary, custom-designed magnetics that mimic the dynamic impedance of an actual loudspeaker. I've been testing the passive version and it sounds much better than any other loadbox I've tried. No high end loss and nice, chunky bass response.

Any updates or fun facts you can share with us on this????

With a load box you don't need a speaker connected to the amplifier. You'll have a line level signal of just the amp sound, like running a preset with the amp block activated and the cab block deactivated. Some load boxes have a cab simulation in there so you can go straight to the daw or FRFR speakers with a finite guitar sound. The main advantage is that you can ran the amplifier in it's glory volume without all that volume goes through your ears! And with a good IR you have a real amp sound mic'd up properly. There are basically two types of load boxes, resistive and reactive. They sounds different, CabClone from Mesa Boogie is resistive, reactive load boxes are more realistic, they mimic better the impedance of a real speaker.

With a load box you don't need a speaker connected to the amplifier. You'll have a line level signal of just the amp sound, like running a preset with the amp block activated and the cab block deactivated. Some load boxes have a cab simulation in there so you can go straight to the daw or FRFR speakers with a finite guitar sound. The main advantage is that you can ran the amplifier in it's glory volume without all that volume goes through your ears! And with a good IR you have a real amp sound mic'd up properly. There are basically two types of load boxes, resistive and reactive. They sounds different, CabClone from Mesa Boogie is resistive, reactive load boxes are more realistic, they mimic better the impedance of a real speaker.
Awesome thanks!!!

I'd add to this that with a load box you would need an additional power amp if you want to use it with a guitar cab in a manner similar to an attenuator. The Fryette Power Station is probably the best unit for this at the moment as it's a load box + 50W 6L6 poweramp in one box so you could run a cranked Marshall into it and get the output at any volume you want. It even has an fx loop if you want to connect your delay/reverb etc post-amp. You could even take some low wattage amp like a Princeton and make it louder.

Well, there are more complex units on the market than a simple load box, like the Torpedo Live and Topedo Studio. An the LB-1 would be another incarnation, with post effects.

Back
Top Bottom