Recording software

Ole

Power User
First of all i hope this is the right forum for this thread:)

Im completelly new to this so seeking advice.
I would like to start recording a bit (hobby and for myself only) but have no idea what software to use.
I can find around 1000 different by searching ;) so would like some feedback from ppl who know just a litle bit about this.
Again its completelly hobby related, so huge expensive softwares are not what im interested in. I do know nothing good comes free (exept fas updates) :)

Rig is AxeFx 2, Atomic AgCab and win7 64 bit.

While I have very limited exposure to software solutions, Reaper seems to be a favorite and won't kill the wallet.

Reaper is popular but my favorite is Presonus' Studio one. I notice they offer a scaled down free version recently.

Depending of your budget you have a few alternatives, my list of candidates in alphabetical order is: Cubase, FL Studio, Live, Pro Tools, Reaper, Reason, Sonar and Studio One.

I have Cubase 6.0 myself, but how about this Presonus Studio One Free.

Studio One Free « Studio One

Intended for beginners who don’t yet need the advanced features in Studio One™ Artist, Producer, and Professional, Studio One Free provides all of the recording and editing features needed for basic music production—and as its name implies, it’s free.

Has to be worth a try. I was going to download it myself to check it out.

I have Cubase 6.0 myself, but how about this Presonus Studio One Free.

Studio One Free « Studio One

Intended for beginners who don’t yet need the advanced features in Studio One™ Artist, Producer, and Professional, Studio One Free provides all of the recording and editing features needed for basic music production—and as its name implies, it’s free.

Has to be worth a try. I was going to download it myself to check it out.

I have the full version of Studio One and like it, as I am no recording pro myself. Hard to beat free on the basic version!!

+1 on Reaper and Studio One Free, can't hurt to try these for a start.

I'm happy with Reaper and don't have personal experience with Studio One, but read good things about it.

Back
Top Bottom