Recording software questions

MrGuitarabuse

Fractal Fanatic
I am looking into buying software for my AXE-FX Ultra but not sure what would be right for me. Last time I recorded with some people the stuff was Tascam 8track and big reel tapes... U get the idea...

So here is my setup so far
AXE Ultra
Focusrite Sapphire 6 USB
Windows vista 64bit (sp2)

My recording purposes is not at all for professional usage. I wanna record both covers (eg backing tracks with my added guitar track) and some of my original stuff.
But I prefer the process to be simple rather then zillions of options at this moment anyway so i dont give up. I would rather prefer to upgrade later on to some more advanced gear.

I want a software and where i can add keyboard, bass and drum tracks.
Any suggestions?
regarding drums I heard EZ drummer could be something to check out ?

thanks
/Urban

I was in the same circumstances before, recording some stuff in a non~professional way, just to have fun and no difficult software to start with. You have ez drummer, superior drummer and addictive drums to name the most popular. The first 2 are frOm toontrack. Superior drummer is IMO more focused on drummers, it's by far the most complicated to use. Addictive drums and ez drummer are quite similar and more basic, I have been using both and prefer the ezdrummer. It's very easy to use and you can upgrade it with different libraries, depending on your musical style. It's more intuitive than addictive, but it's my own view.

I was in the same circumstances before, recording some stuff in a non~professional way, just to have fun and no difficult software to start with. You have ez drummer, superior drummer and addictive drums to name the most popular. The first 2 are frOm toontrack. Superior drummer is IMO more focused on drummers, it's by far the most complicated to use. Addictive drums and ez drummer are quite similar and more basic, I have been using both and prefer the ezdrummer. It's very easy to use and you can upgrade it with different libraries, depending on your musical style. It's more intuitive than addictive, but it's my own view.

Thanks Marty

I will look into the EZ. Any thoughts about software? I have downloaded REAPER since I found it on some other thread around the forum here and from the first look of it, I think it can do the job for me. But if anyone has any other suggestions or input, would be highly appreciated too

/Urban

Any thoughts about software? I have downloaded REAPER since I found it on some other thread around the forum here and from the first look of it, I think it can do the job for me. But if anyone has any other suggestions or input, would be highly appreciated too
/Urban
Reaper is a fabulous piece of software, and is very very affordable. You get the full version to try it out, and it only costs a ridiculously small amount to buy ($50 if I remember?). I tried it for a month, but on day 2, I had already decided to buy it. These guys write amazing software, and should be paid for their work.

Be kind, and buy it.

For me, it replaced Cubase.

Thanks guys. I have played around with REAPER now abit and it seems pretty straight forward, even for a newbie like me so I will go for it. EZ drummer also supports REAPER according to the Toontrack website so I will pair those to for my setup.

Thanks again for your input

/Urban

Back
Top Bottom