Recording question DI

Randalljax

Axe-Master
Hey ,

probably simple for most but I want to record into Logic , I want out 1 to be the processed signal
but out 2 to be the DI signal (usb 3-4 channels I believe )
would I just configure that as output 2 being USB 7,8. or is it more complicated than that ?

Hey ,

probably simple for most but I want to record into Logic , I want out 1 to be the processed signal
but out 2 to be the DI signal (usb 3-4 channels I believe )
would I just configure that as output 2 being USB 7,8. or is it more complicated than that ?
why Out 2 specifically? according to the USB chart, USB 5+6 is already the DI signal from Input 1.

Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 4.01.45 PM.png

why Out 2 specifically? according to the USB chart, USB 5+6 is already the DI signal from Input 1.

View attachment 53125

ok , cool so I can record out of Output 1 with DI simul just need to configure the output block in the preset correctly , is this right ??

keep in mind I am a noob , I normally record USB out into Garage band , But the studio wants to use their interface and not the USB connection .

ok , cool so I can record out of Output 1 with DI simul just need to configure the output block in the preset correctly , is this right ??

keep in mind I am a noob , I normally record USB out into Garage band , But the studio wants to use their interface and not the USB connection .
it is already sending the DI signal through USB 5+6. you don't have to do anything with the Output blocks. select USB 5+6 in GarageBand.

if you are recording with someone else's gear, set Output 3 or 4 to Copy Input 1. Axe3 Front Panel, Home>Setup>I/O> scroll down to Out 3 or 4 settings. don't put Out 3 or 4 block in the preset.

it is already sending the DI signal through USB 5+6. you don't have to do anything with the Output blocks. select USB 5+6 in GarageBand.

if you are recording with someone else's gear, set Output 3 or 4 to Copy Input 1. Axe3 Front Panel, Home>Setup>I/O> scroll down to Out 3 or 4 settings. don't put Out 3 or 4 block in the preset.

Thanks so much Chris
Much appreciated

This is how I do it. I use Cubase but, should be the same. The Axe is always sending out a DI signal to output 5/6 by default. No need to add anything to your patches for this to work. In logic set up 2 tracks. Track 1’s input should be set to Axe Fx output 1. Track 2’s input should be set to Axe Fx output 5. Now your recording output 1 and a DI for reamping later.

Back
Top Bottom