Recording playback levels question

Hello everyone!

I've been playing with my AxeFX III for a while and decided I need to stop being lazy and start playing around with recording. I'm using Presonus' Studio One (I have V3 and just started working with V4). I have my guitar going into the input and then my output is going to some active studio monitors (via OUT1, which is how I have my patches setup).

The problem I'm having is I'm recording at what I would consider to be a normal volume . . . but when I play it back, the audio is very, very quiet. My initial plan was to record while listening to the output of the amp and then play the audio back from the computer's speakers (backwards, I know . . .). Unfortunately, it looks like there is no way to change the output device to be different from the input device (maybe if I use ASIO4ALL? I'm still pretty new at this).

Do you know what the best way to handle this is? Am I better off dropping my "OUT 1" knob low enough that it matches the playback of Studio One and then just crank the monitors?

Currently, my patches are setup just below clipping, my OUT1 knob on the AxeFX is set at about 50% (12 o clock), and the monitors are sitting at about 40% (just below "-5db" on the knob).

I might be able to just try stuff and "get it to work" but I wanted to see if anyone has ran into this before and if there's a "right" way to resolve this issue.

Let me know if you need any additional information or if you have any suggestions. Thanks for your help!

Ugh, I have no idea how I looked past a sticky... Such a rookie mistake... I even read the other one about lower levels in the axefx iii than the ii but somehow missed this one...

Thanks for your help and sorry to make you repost something so obvious!

Back
Top Bottom