Recording Noob Question - How to hear recording output through Axe III?

deakle

Experienced
I am a total recording noob, so my apologies in advance for a potentially dumb question. I am recording a simple track in GarageBand on my Mac. I have my GarageBand set to use the Axe as the interface. I have my recording inputs set according to the Axe manual. I can record just fine and receive signal into GarageBand. My question is how do I hear my track playback through the headphones connected to my Axe III?. I hear nothing through my headphones when playing back the track. What am I missing? What should the GarageBand outputs be set to? Do I need to add a separate input and output block to my Axe III preset? Very confused. I have consulted the Axe III manual but am even more confused.

If you want the GarageBand outputs to send to the Axe, set the GarageBand outputs to Axe-Fx in audio settings. It should now come through the headphones. You don’t need to add additional blocks.

If you want the GarageBand outputs to send to the Axe, set the GarageBand outputs to Axe-Fx in audio settings. It should now come through the headphones. You don’t need to add additional blocks.
That's why I am confused. I have my GarageBand outputs set to the Axe III. But I still hear nothing.

Back
Top Bottom