Recording into Pro tools 10.3.8 HD with Axe Fx XL + ?

Jackp

Inspired
Hey guys
First off it's honor to be on this forum with so many great players
My ? Is can I record with the AES out of the Axe Fx into a 192 I /O AES then connect the Usb to my Mac Pro to use the Axe Edit software inside of Pro Tools .This is how I ran my Eleven Rack . It's looks like using the Axe Edit is a lot simpler to use when creating and editing patches
Thanks Guys

Yes, you can do both. They're independent of each other. Axe Edit will run as a standalone program though, outside of Pro Tools. Just think of it as a MIDI controller on your desktop.

However, if you plan on switching patches or scenes while recording AND connected via USB, you might notice a delay when switching. You can press the "Pause" button at the top left corner of Axe Edit to "Pause Communications", which helps with this.

So the axe fx will communicate with axe edit , can I launch Axe Edit with in Pro Tools
Reason Iam asking all of this is , I just My XL + yesturday and I'll be using it a lot in Pro Tools
So I need to install the drivers for the fractal correct. I notice when I launch a session in Pro Tools
It will set up the Eleven rack
Thank you Paperjace

Axe Edit isn't a VST or plugin. It's a program which you open outside of Pro Tools. You can have Pro Tools and Axe Edit running at the same time. Again, the two are independent of each other and can run at the some time.

As for drivers, yes, you'll need to download and install the Axe FX drivers in order for your Axe FX to communicate with Axe Edit via USB. Get the drivers here: http://www.fractalaudio.com/drivers.php

If you are running the AES Out of the Axe FX into your audio interface's AES Inputs, you'll want to set up Pro Tools for your audio interface, not Eleven Rack or Axe FX.

Ok
Paperjace that's the same way on been running my Eleven Rack
I think it was under options that I could launch the eleven rack software then I had to set the word clock in sound on my Mac so the eleven wouldn't pop and click AES , and thanks so much for you response

Is there any videos out there that show you how to connect the upper and lower blocks in the layout on Fx XL
Al I can to is connect in a straight line not diagonal

Is there any videos out there that show you how to connect the upper and lower blocks in the layout on Fx XL
Al I can to is connect in a straight line not diagonal
if you want a parallel path, just hit the plus sign on the block you want to connect on one line then the plus sign on the one you want to connect to on the other. if you've ran out of room on one line and want a long series path, you'll have to use the fx send/return blocks

Thanks Paperjace
With you help appreciate it , I've got the axe edit installed , now the drives . I been so busy tracking in the studio
Haven't had time try it . Just been using headphones . This a beast for sure , so glad I got it

Back
Top Bottom