Recording in a DAW

RockerAlex

Inspired
So I decided to work a bit more on my "no real cab" tone today and when I record something into my DAW direct from USB and try to listen to it back it seems muted somewhere but I think I've checked everything ... help? Where should my monitors be plugged into?

Last edited:
In my DAW it says OUTPUT 1 + 2 and no matter where I plug my speakers I can't get anything recorded to play back.

Try right clicking the speaker icon in the task bar, select sounds then the playback tab and make sure the settings are correct.

Try right clicking the speaker icon in the task bar, select sounds then the playback tab and make sure the settings are correct.

Now I can get my media player to play through the axe, but it's making all sorts of weird crackling noises and seems panned hard left ... I'm so lost. And man that crackling is unbelievable, how does anybody track anything with that going on in the background?

EDIT: It also won't stay connected for anything more than a few minutes then it "forgets" the axe is my speakers and everything mutes again.

Last edited:
Try unplugging the Axe from the computer, then reinstall the drivers on the PC. And power cycle them both.

Try unplugging the Axe from the computer, then reinstall the drivers on the PC. And power cycle them both.

This has helped somewhat ... but doesn't explain the panned hard left sound, I've always had my Axes output set to Stereo, unless I need a splitter cable to run in both L and R?

A splitter cable between where and where ?

Please post specific accurate descriptions of how connections are made etc, otherwise it is a guessing game to even know what your set up is much less what the potential problem and suggested resolution may be.

I don't think it is anything to do with FW9 as I am running it with Win7 64 ultimate and Cubase 6 without any issues, via USB.

I don't know about Studio One, but when I was setting up my axe-fx with Pro-Tools, I had to go in the i/o menu and delete the default paths in order for the axe-fx's i/os to show up...

Back
Top Bottom