Recording DI's/ Dry tracks USB right?

Ironwill

Experienced
What way for recording DI's/ Dry tracks right?

Hey Fractal users out there, How you guys record your Dry tracks at the Axe Fx II direct?

I actually run my DI's Mono always, set the Axe output 1 Left and Right Summed at any event for recording, track "Front center" dry input on a mono track, later i playback this for reamping. I hope thats correct anyhow.. I don't know, haven't found a right major answer for it.

I know when i take a mono Track in PT i can choose Inputs; Front Center (Mono)/Low Frequency Effects (Mono), for Stereo track Front Center/Low F.Effects are together. SO what to choose at this point, is it any kind suggested to record the DI in stereo, is that better for reamping/ send it back to the Axe's Front Left in the end?

Front Center /Low Frequency Effects looks like the same signal coming in. ANd reamp works also only with one of them.

Anyone have experience with Reamping a lot with the Axe FX II, to give a pro tip to me

Last edited:
No experience with "Front Center /Low Frequency Effects", but just hooking up via USB and making two stereo tracks (Input 1&2 Effected signal, Inputs 3&4 Dry signal) works fine for me

Change the AxeFX's Input to USB when wanting to Re-Amp

No experience with "Front Center /Low Frequency Effects", but just hooking up via USB and making two stereo tracks (Input 1&2 Effected signal, Inputs 3&4 Dry signal) works fine for me

Change the AxeFX's Input to USB when wanting to Re-Amp
THX for the answer man,

"Front Center /Low Frequency Effects" the Dry Inputs 3&4 signal are called in PT somehow. Yeah it works for me the same with the stereo tracks,

i was wonder if its alright or any bad when I do it in mono all, just record the 3rd Dry Input signal. So you prefer Stereo at all. mmm DO the Axe-Fx USB Input need a stereo dry signal from the DAW for Re-amp?

In Cubase, I record the wet signal on In 1 L/R and also catch (I think it is) In 2 R as the dry signal. After I have checked my levels I leave this dry channel muted.

I'm looking at using S/PDIF out to record the direct re-amping track, so i can use a RME USB interface for my interface at all times. I think it is explained somewhere how to do this, and it might be an option for the OP too - not sure where the thread is - anyone know?

"Front Center /Low Frequency Effects" the Dry Inputs 3&4 signal are called in PT somehow

Sounds more like a 5.1 Surround template / set up or something..?
unsure.gif

A mono track recording channel 3 or 4 is fine for a normal mono guitar DI signal. There's no reason to record 2 copies of the same thing.

A mono track recording channel 3 or 4 is fine for a normal mono guitar DI signal. There's no reason to record 2 copies of the same thing.

Alright, i thought that too. Wasn't sure in the end, I know a lot people go for stereo in general and thought maybe the Axe Fx Input need the two monos(Stereo) to Re-amp the signal right.. thx for your answer!

Sounds more like a 5.1 Surround template / set up or something..?
unsure.gif

No 5.1 Sourround template i think.. or .. lol That are the Inputs Pro Tools 10 show me that i can get Dry 3&4(Mono) from the Axe as Playback Engine for a mono track,

Back
Top Bottom