Recording: Axe goes fusion!

Very Very nice!! How are you getting that bell like tone? It sounds like an electric piano is doubling you! How are you doing that?

Beautiful piece! I love the guitar solo. Fantastic tone and amazing melodic choices over those crazy changes. Which amp and cab were used?

I just checked out some other JLB clips on You Tube, amazing stuff! Jonathan is like an octopus with sticks! I think the bass player has 13 fingers.

Looks like a different guitarist in the live videos. Fine player too. I think I spied Fractal in his rack. His tones weren't as pretty as in this clip but very appropriate for the songs.

Beautiful piece! I love the guitar solo. Fantastic tone and amazing melodic choices over those crazy changes. Which amp and cab were used?
IIRC its the USA Rhythm (some mesa channel 2) and this time I ran it into two notes wall of sound, hadn't had time to audition the AX cabs at the time of recording, now I prefer the cabs in the unit over TwoNotes.

I just checked out some other JLB clips on You Tube, amazing stuff! Jonathan is like an octopus with sticks! I think the bass player has 13 fingers.

Looks like a different guitarist in the live videos. Fine player too. I think I spied Fractal in his rack. His tones weren't as pretty as in this clip but very appropriate for the songs.

He's great! The bass player is the same guy from another band called Dirty Loops, though in this clip another bass player was featured :)
What you spotted in the rack was most likely a ElevenRack, he loves it and says he cant get along with my fractal for some reason!

IIRC its the USA Rhythm (some mesa channel 2) and this time I ran it into two notes wall of sound, hadn't had time to audition the AX cabs at the time of recording, now I prefer the cabs in the unit over TwoNotes.
Thanks for explaining your signal chain although I'd swear I heard more than "two notes" in there. :) Beautiful tone and well used! Now, could you please explain, in detail, how you played the solo (kidding)?

I assume you're an "educated" player. You don't sound like you're just winging it. Those are some complex changes to play over but you still kept it melodic and musical. Nice work!

The main melody is very interesting, did Jonathan write that as well?

He's great! The bass player is the same guy from another band called Dirty Loops, though in this clip another bass player was featured :)
What you spotted in the rack was most likely a ElevenRack, he loves it and says he cant get along with my fractal for some reason!
An ElevenRack, of course. I have one in my studio rack. I haven't touched my POD HD since I got it...but I haven't touched the ElevenRack since I got the AX8. :) Maybe programing the AX8 had him baffled. If he didn't read the manual, he may have been a little lost past the hardware controls.

Back
Top Bottom