Recording Axe-FX II in Logic Via USB Question

jet51

Why is it that when I record the Axe-FX II in Logic via USB, Logic seems to classify this as a midi and not audio recording? This presents itself after recording if I try to Undo; the first action in the undo history is "undo midi recording". Probably something silly here; any help would be appreciated!

Weird. Logic has never classified a track on its own for me. I tell it what the track is. Can you post some screen shots of your track settings?

Why is it that when I record the Axe-FX II in Logic via USB, Logic seems to classify this as a midi and not audio recording? This presents itself after recording if I try to Undo; the first action in the undo history is "undo midi recording". Probably something silly here; any help would be appreciated!

Hi did you ever figure this out ? I have the same problem and it's killing me ....

Yeah, the same thing here. Just started a new audio recording, recorded something from Axe-Fx and "Edit" shows "Undo MIDI Recording" as well as "Undo History" shows it as midi recording. Not logical :) but everything works anyway. Logic's bug...?

Thanks for trying... Not sure, it's annoying there's no Audio Region after the recording just a Midi String. I noticed as you're recording you see an Audio Region and then when you press stop it converts it to Midi...

Screen.jpg Hmmmm... I can't see any additional processing / converts after the recording is stopped. Can you take a screenshot of it? I'm sure you have the latest driver installed and audio preferences set ok but just double check.

Never got it fixed. However a workaround is to open a new session with a template. Recording on audio tracks from a template seems to record in... Audio!

Yep I have all the latest drivers and updates. I take screen shots when I get home in a little while, thanks.

Never got it fixed. However a workaround is to open a new session with a template. Recording on audio tracks from a template seems to record in... Audio!

Thanks I'll check that in a little while..

The reason is that the program is also seeing MIDI data, which the Axe-Fx sends by default (SEND REALTIME SYSEX:ALL in the I/O:MIDI menu)
It isn't only the Axe-Fx that behaves like this. I just created an audio track, connected a microphone, then banged on the MIDI keyboard.

Sure enough, Logic's UNDO menu reads "Undo MIDI recording."
I've reported it to Apple under the assumption that this is a bug.

The reason is that the program is also seeing MIDI data, which the Axe-Fx sends by default (SEND REALTIME SYSEX:ALL in the I/O:MIDI menu)
It isn't only the Axe-Fx that behaves like this. I just created an audio track, connected a microphone, then banged on the MIDI keyboard.

I got the same. I'm sick to death of Logic and Apple's nonchalant attitude to bugs and critical errors. Avid are far quicker to address issues, so I think it's time for PT11 and say goodbye to "Garageband Pro"

I think I figured it out....
Go into Preferences> Audio> make sure that The Recording Delay is set to Zero and the Buffer Size is set to 32 samples...
I did that and now the Audio Regions are working Perfectly with no Latency...
Let me know what you guys find ...

Back
Top Bottom