Recording Amp/Cab and Fx's separate?

seclusion

Experienced
Afternoon everyone

A newb AxeFx Standard user, x-Line 6 guy as of Sat, Thanks Mike for waiting!

Just a question, I'd like to do some recording and have found that once I start adding instruments that some of the fx's are too loud (making it muddy) and really just need to boost the direct amp/cab signal.
I wondered if I could out put the Amp/Cab signal through the main outputs and send all the fx's out output2.
I know I'd have 4 channels (2st) for every guitar part, but then I could just adjust the fx's track in the Daw as the mix needs.
Am I nuts?
Hate to start that deep right off, right now I'm just editing all the presets to something I may use and saving them

Thanks, what a treat to have this thing

Hi Seclusion,

That should be possible for effects post cab block (sorry I'm at work and not able to test this out).

Your signal (in effect blocks) should be:

Input --- Amp --- Cab --- ----------------------------Output1
_________________\ _ _ Chorus__Delay__Reverb_FX Loop(which goes to output 2)

If you want to control more, you could do the above and pan the chorus one way, and run the delay and reverb parallel to the chorus and then mixed at the FX loop with it panned hard left and right so that you could increase/decrease chorus against the dry as well as the delay and reverb.

Input --- Amp --- Cab --- ----------------------------Output1
________________\ _ _ Chorus ---------------------FX Loop(which goes to output 2)
________________\ --- Delay --- Reverb ---/

Just make sure the FX loop is not right next to the Output as it will get sent to Out1.

See how you go.

TimmyM

Back
Top Bottom