Recording advice

SubKrypt

Hi, I've just gotten and AXE 3 and Logic pro X for some recording so am fairly limited in my knowledge. Im using the Axe as the audio interface but am having a couple of issues. So I've recorded a guitar rhythm track and to stop phasing issues I just muted the sound on that track so I can hear just the direct signal from the axe to my monitors. Now Ive created another guitar track to add some single note lines, however, my guitar is now inputing to both the rhythm track still as well as the new single note track. So now if I try to record the single note line whilst hearing the rhythm track I recorded I get phasing issues as Im hearing my guitar through the rhythm track as well as the direct signal. Is there a way for me to turn off the input to the rhythm track. Sorry if this is obvious!

I suspect what you're talking about is latency issues rather than phasing issues.

I'm not familiar with Logic Pro, but with Pro Tools there is an 'input monitoring' button on each track. In this instance one would not want input monitoring engaged on both tracks at the same time.......only the track one is recording to.

And make sure only one track at a time (in this scenario) is 'Record enabled'.
What you want is your rhythm track to be in playback mode whilst your other track is in record mode.

Thanks a lot Zedhed - I found the input monitoring on the channels so that did the trick. Much appreciated! I've tried to find some tutorials on using the axe fx 3 to record with and use with a DAW as an interface etc, but the only thing I can really find is one youtube vid Leon Todd did - does anyone know of anything? I had a look at the manual index but there didnt appear to be a section on this. Cheers

Also, for latency issues, try monitoring via headphones. Like with many things, you have to try a lot of things to eliminate and identify the issue you are having. Zed provided a great resource to help speed up that learning curve.

Hi, I've just gotten and AXE 3 and Logic pro X for some recording so am fairly limited in my knowledge. Im using the Axe as the audio interface but am having a couple of issues. So I've recorded a guitar rhythm track and to stop phasing issues I just muted the sound on that track so I can hear just the direct signal from the axe to my monitors. Now Ive created another guitar track to add some single note lines, however, my guitar is now inputing to both the rhythm track still as well as the new single note track. So now if I try to record the single note line whilst hearing the rhythm track I recorded I get phasing issues as Im hearing my guitar through the rhythm track as well as the direct signal. Is there a way for me to turn off the input to the rhythm track. Sorry if this is obvious!

I taught myself what little I know about Logic by googling what it is I wanted to do. There's lots of youtube videos that are helpful. Once you start mastering and mixing Logic has so many powerful tools. Stuff that was seemingly over my head but I learned a lot about EQ etc. The one thing that does frustrate me is the EZ Drummer. It's not so easy.

Back
Top Bottom