Recording AC30 and IR Capture

I've tried a lot of IRs and spend a lot of time tweaking my Streets preset and I can't get anything sounding like your clips. I prefer the RSTR ones, I think it would work better in a mix.

Just to be clear, those clips are recordings of my real AC30 with a Beta58 mic. and not IR's. The right speaker (RSTR) is a Weber Silver Bell. The left speaker is a Weber Blue Dog, so the RSTL recording is picking up more of the Blue Dog.

Do you think The Edge also plays with the volume a bit rolled? obviously it helps to tame the sharpness and get a cleaner sound.

Edge absolutely uses the volume knob. Here's a screen cap. of a video to prove it. If you watch videos from the early years (80's), you can watch him increase the volume on the guitar to push the amp. for solos., then after the solo, he dials it back down. It works really well because he has the amp. just on the edge of break-up.

upload_2018-9-7_7-43-23.jpeg

Just to be clear, those clips are recordings of my real AC30 with a Beta58 mic. and not IR's. The right speaker (RSTR) is a Weber Silver Bell. The left speaker is a Weber Blue Dog, so the RSTL recording is picking up more of the Blue Dog.

That's what I mean, that I can't get the simulation to sound like your real amp mic'd. There's some extra something, I don't know how to call it.

That's what I mean, that I can't get the simulation to sound like your real amp mic'd. There's some extra something, I don't know how to call it.

Okay, just wanted to make sure there wasn't a misunderstanding.

I agree with you...I guess it's what some refer to as 'the amp. in the room feel'.

Back
Top Bottom