Recording a Bass guitar with the Axe FX 2????

will i be able to play bass on axe fx2 on a 4x10 Box ? i would need a poweramp or not ?

The AxeFx is an effects processor/preamp. It does not have an amplifier built in. Yes, you would need to have a power amp or amp head to power your 4x10 cabinet.

Matrix Amplification GT1600fx is good with bass.
I use it with a hartke vx410 cab live.
In the near future I'll get an ampeg hlf 410 or 610. Or both haha.

do you have any examples ? i only heard of guitar poweramps.. sorry, i'm a complete noob in that

Plug your instrument into the AxeFx (assuming you want to use it for preamp modeling, such as the SVT model, and other effects like a compressor, chorus, overdrive pedal, etc.), then out of the AxeFx, go into a PA system-type power amp such as the Crown Drivecore XLS2500, and out of the power amp into your bass cabinet (4x10). The general theory is pretty simple...the specifics of knowing the "how and why" to all of this are a bit more complicated, so I'd advise you consult with someone who can assist/instruct you on doing this properly before flying blind.

power amps:

Live Power Amplifiers | Musician's Friend

Bass records GREAT with AFX. Bit of pedal compression at the front and the Multiband at the end of your chain means very little plug-in/outboard action required at the desk.

Back
Top Bottom