Recorded audio in FM3 is a few MS ahead of where it should be.

james...

Experienced
I have NEVER had this issue with my Axe II or III but my new FM3 is doing this every track. It's off by a noticeable amount after recording. Anyone seen this? I'm on studio one.

Edit: I also have tons of pops and clicks when using the FM3 as DAW interface. never happened with previous Axe FX products.

Last edited:
What firmware are you running?

The pops and clicks generally are related to buffer size being too low. Try increasing that in Studio One and let us no if the pops and clicks go away.

As far as the recording lag, early firmware has this issue and has improved noticeably in later firmware and it's acceptable in the latest betas.

What firmware are you running?

The pops and clicks generally are related to buffer size being too low. Try increasing that in Studio One and let us no if the pops and clicks go away.

As far as the recording lag, early firmware has this issue and has improved noticeably in later firmware and it's acceptable in the latest betas.
Tried all kinds of buffer sizes. Makes zero difference in the pops.

I will try a new beta. I'm on the latest stable version.

Tried all kinds of buffer sizes. Makes zero difference in the pops.

I will try a new beta. I'm on the latest stable version.
1.04 has been a little wonky so I have stayed on 1.03 but you can always roll back. Make sure to back up layouts, presets, etc with fractalbot

I’m experiencing a lot of latency on reaper also. Mine came with 1.03
What is the stable beta version?

The latest beta 7 is ok but there are some other problems. If you are able to wait until the release version that would be better. If you do decide to install the beta just be prepared for other issues and the potential to need to roll back. Full release should be soon though. I don’t have inside info but I know they are working hard.

Yeah, I'm inclined to wait.

In any case, I can't use this unit to record now. The latency is consistently bad.

Some DAWs have a recording delay setting you can adjust. Logic has this and that helps but 1.04 fixed it for me. I’m running 1.03 now though. Beta 8 wasn’t great and so I backed out and went back to 1.03 so I could at least get through my last show. I’m sure they will release it soon though.

Recording via usb or spdif?

I usually record via spdif, and get clicks and pops when the ax is not set as the clock source for my interface. (ie there's a clock mismatch to the session, even if they are both set to 48k)

Hmmm, The symptoms seem like they would be related to incongruent clocking or sample rate settings.

I have had no problems whatever recording into Logic Pro X with FW1.03 or b1.07. even along with a bunch of midi controllers that could potentially gum up the works.

If I use the FM3 as a USB interface, and turn off DAW software monitoring (FM3 as USB return and with direct monitoring of the FM3's processed guitar mixed with the USB return) it works perfect, no latency and I'm tracking in a project with 12 tracks (the buffer is 128 samples - will work at 64, haven't tried 32). It records a DI USB3/4 along with the processed guitar USB1/2, and the whole mix along with the FM3 direct guitar is monitored from Output 1 with no latency: the way it should work. In the I/O menu there is a USB return volume adjustment, so you can adjust the monitoring balance of guitar/mix, without affecting the tracking level.

FM3 also works without issue going SPDIF and analog out into a UAD Apollo 8 interface.

When I first got the FM3: did a test recording of all the FM3 outputs simultaneously: As a USB interface Output 1 USB 1/2, Output 2 USB 3/4(DI), along with the Apollo (Thunderbolt) for SPDIF and Audio Outputs 1 analog, Outputs 2 analog. All the recorded tracks line up, and there was no perceptible latency in the monitoring either from the FM3 output or via the Apollo's direct monitoring.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom