Recommended Cabs For Each Amp

lwknives

Power User
I made a google doc that has a list of amps and their recommended cabs, the controls on the original amps and a few other things that I found useful. This doc is a littler easier to look through than the Amp and Cab WIKIs if you just want a quick reference.
here is the link:

Note, I got this information from the Wiki for my own use some of it may be inaccurate.

Thanks, much easier to read and more consise than the Wiki (specifically specifically where default cab numbers are listed).

lwknives, thanks for doing this - it's a great quick reference. AlGrenadine, you can cut and paste this whole thing into an open spreadsheet and save to disk.

Nice. We got a couple of great community efforts going on:

- this sheet
- jma's guide
- MDProd's pictures
- Chris' list of amps used in factory presets
- wiki
- and probably more.

There certainly is an overlap, but each has its own charm.

BTW, I used to list the appropriate Cab numbers after each amp model in the wiki. But it was hell of a job to go through the entire list each time a firmware update changed the cabs. So I changed the wiki method to make maintenance easier, and for better understanding of the various cab types (Cab List page).

Nice. We got a couple of great community efforts going on:

- this sheet
- jma's guide
- MDProd's pictures
- Chris' list of amps used in factory presets
- wiki
- and probably more.

There certainly is an overlap, but each has its own charm.

BTW, I used to list the appropriate Cab numbers after each amp model in the wiki. But it was hell of a job to go through the entire list each time a firmware update changed the cabs. So I changed the wiki method to make maintenance easier, and for better understanding of the various cab types (Cab List page).
Mixing all the above would be great...

Most of the stuff is in the wiki already.

Goal of OP is quick reference. Impossible to combine it all AND still fulfill the "quick reference" goal.
Well at least jma and MDProd docs could be mixed, with a list of recommended cabs on each amp like on this sheet. That would be the ultimate quick reference :)

Well at least jma and MDProd docs could be mixed, with a list of recommended cabs on each amp like on this sheet. That would be the ultimate quick reference :)

jma's doc does list the recommended cab type per amp model, and has a cab type-to-number table as well. ;)

Well, the list on this page has its own charm, because it starts with the real life amps. That helps new users. So it's all good! I'll stop hijacking the thread now. :)

Is line 77 supposed to be the Recto2 models? What is a "theocracy" style? And Classic and Boutique are both misspelled throughout.

Theocracy is a band I really like. Those are the amps and cabs they used on their recordings. Probably not useful to very many people.

I made a google doc that has a list of amps and their recommended cabs, the controls on the original amps and a few other things that I found useful. This doc is a littler easier to look through than the Amp and Cab WIKIs if you just want a quick reference.
here is the link:

Note, I got this information from the Wiki for my own use some of it may be inaccurate.

Thank you so much for doing this!

Back
Top Bottom