Recommendations to fix the MFC-101 on the pedalboard?

Morphosis

Official G66 Support
How did you guys fix your MFC on the pedalboard? Removing the feets and velcro al over the ground? Any tips & tricks?

Mine is in a case from Rondo music it fits with little wiggle room and the top to the case i put a bunch of foam so that it presses tight on it. I didnt not attach the MFC but the foam keeps it from moving during transit.

Thanks Zman! My thoughts go into the same direction ... building a custom case and press the mfc-101 tight in it`s place when moving the case ... hmmm ....

Latches are not as large the Rondo but I bet at the price and with the warranty they are offering its prettty good unit. I would check the measurements and go for it.

unreachable: I`m from germany ... rondo distributes only in the U.S, if i understand their homepage correct .... price is extremely cool! no question ....

unreachable: I`m from germany ... rondo distributes only in the U.S, if i understand their homepage correct .... price is extremely cool! no question ....

Those cases are made by CNB, which is in China. Perhaps if you look for the brand name, you'll find a distributor in Germany or someplace that will ship to you.

It would be good if you could find them - they're really nice cases. I have a pile of their stuff here.

Rondo does ship to germany, i bought an 8-string a few months ago...

How "heavy-duty" does the Board have to be?
I ordered this one a few days ago:
Stagg UPC-535 Pedalboard-Case
Depending on how much you tour, it should be sturdy enough, plus it is very light. But have yet to test it...

P.S.: Vielleicht sieht man sich mal im musiker-board ;-)

Thanks @ Cagey: with you help i found out to the "STAGG" Brand for the european market.
Thanks @ Runner: I´ve found these cases on ebay, but at session music they are much more cheaper. Nice. Not nice, that as well the biggest one seems to be to small in depth for the BOSS FV-500L (+cable!) and in width to attach 3 to 4 expressions .... grmpf ... i think, i go with a custom case from thomann ....

P.S.: Im Musiker Board bin ich im entsprechenden thread schwer zu übersehen ;) - würde mich freuen ...

I had a rondo a while back and i actually really didn't like it at all. The fabric is glued to the base of the product so that if you use industrial strength velcro, when you try to move pedals around it will pull up the fabric on the board rendering it useless. The latches are also really small and can be bent very easily. I used the case for around a year and I take good care of everything i have, and it barely lasted until then.

I've got a custom made case from Eloquent Creative. Its waaaay to friggin big but its like a warchest and its heavy duty enough for ATA flight.

Mine is installed in a FWC pedalboard case (flightcasewarehouse.co.uk). The case includes a 9mm removable board. I cut a hole in this removable board at the exact dimensions of the MFC101. This way, I insert the MFC101 into the hole and since the board has a 9mm height, it does not move. Since the case is just a few mm deeper than the MFC 101' it does not move during transport. At the same time this system allows me to keep the MFC 101 free of glue, velcro, ... And I can take it out easiliy whenever needed.
I decided to get a large case so I could also attach on the removable board expression pedals and external switches.
Very happy with the setting.
(Cutting the hole to the perfect dimensions is not the easiest part as you can imagine, but still feasible if you take time).

Mine is installed in a FWC pedalboard case (flightcasewarehouse.co.uk). The case includes a 9mm removable board. I cut a hole in this removable board at the exact dimensions of the MFC101. This way, I insert the MFC101 into the hole and since the board has a 9mm height, it does not move. Since the case is just a few mm deeper than the MFC 101' it does not move during transport. At the same time this system allows me to keep the MFC 101 free of glue, velcro, ... And I can take it out easiliy whenever needed.
I decided to get a large case so I could also attach on the removable board expression pedals and external switches.
Very happy with the setting.
(Cutting the hole to the perfect dimensions is not the easiest part as you can imagine, but still feasible if you take time).

Man! That`s it! Superb suggestion! This is the way i go! One Headache less: So, for playin on very small venues i`ll put the MFC out of the Box ..... great suggestion!!!!!!!!

Many thanks!

I have a similar setup but was worried that the removable board and MFC would move around in the case too much. I took the feet off of the MFC and bought matching screws a little longer and screwed the MFC to the removable board using the existing MFC holes. I made 4 small wooden blocks and screwed one in each corner of the case. I then attached the the removable board with the MFC/pedals mounted to it, to the wooden blocks with plastic wing nuts. That way the removable board is still easily removable but everything is screwed down for travel and nothing moves inside the case. Works really well

Back
Top Bottom