Recommendations on wireless audio control to old stereo

Rich G.

Experienced
I have an old Kenwood receiver I use to play music while working around the house. I typically have a tablet directly hooked up to it via 3.5mm to RCA connection and use it to play Pandora or Spotify radio. Occasionally, the stations will stop and I have to go over and tap the screen to continue. I'd like to come up with a solution where I can control the music from my phone or some other remote tablet and have it play on my old receiver.

Any recommendations on a decent setup to do this?

:yum: Ok... just discovering Spotify Connect. That may be alls I need.

Last edited:
I have an old Kenwood receiver I use to play music while working around the house. I typically have a tablet directly hooked up to it via 3.5mm to RCA connection and use it to play Pandora or Spotify radio. Occasionally, the stations will stop and I have to go over and tap the screen to continue. I'd like to come up with a solution where I can control the music from my phone or some other remote tablet and have it play on my old receiver.

Any recommendations on a decent setup to do this?

:yum: Ok... just discovering Spotify Connect. That may be alls I need.

I couldn't find anything at the time, so I built a little thing using an Arduino and a little Bluetooth module. It had just enough code so that I could pair it, and it would remember my phone. The output went straight to some RCA plugs. It was simple, and I could stream whatever. There must be a ton of commercial solutions now.

Back
Top Bottom