• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Recommendations on wireless audio control to old stereo

Rich G.

Experienced
I have an old Kenwood receiver I use to play music while working around the house. I typically have a tablet directly hooked up to it via 3.5mm to RCA connection and use it to play Pandora or Spotify radio. Occasionally, the stations will stop and I have to go over and tap the screen to continue. I'd like to come up with a solution where I can control the music from my phone or some other remote tablet and have it play on my old receiver.

Any recommendations on a decent setup to do this?

:yum: Ok... just discovering Spotify Connect. That may be alls I need.

Last edited:

stratos

Inspired
Amazon product1585057652744.png

I purchased a small FM transmitter. I can plug it into my satellite receiver, mp3 player etc..
transmits to my FM receiver in my garage. Great little piece of kit.
If it's not available, there are many available, check the reviews.

spagthorpe

Experienced
I have an old Kenwood receiver I use to play music while working around the house. I typically have a tablet directly hooked up to it via 3.5mm to RCA connection and use it to play Pandora or Spotify radio. Occasionally, the stations will stop and I have to go over and tap the screen to continue. I'd like to come up with a solution where I can control the music from my phone or some other remote tablet and have it play on my old receiver.

Any recommendations on a decent setup to do this?

:yum: Ok... just discovering Spotify Connect. That may be alls I need.
I couldn't find anything at the time, so I built a little thing using an Arduino and a little Bluetooth module. It had just enough code so that I could pair it, and it would remember my phone. The output went straight to some RCA plugs. It was simple, and I could stream whatever. There must be a ton of commercial solutions now.

Top Bottom