Recommendation for pedalboard

piofusco

Inspired
Hey there,

Looking to get a pedalboard to hold my MFC and two mission engineering pedals. Would like the ability to nail everything to the board itself and leave all the cables plugged in. Also, I would prefer a hardshell case over a soft case - however, I am on a budget. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Can't beat a piece of plywood and a second hand Pedaltrain PT-2 case if you want to nail things down. Can be done for under $100.

The PT-2 will *just* hold it all:

ptmfcboard1.jpg

ptmfcboard2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm doing pretty much the same thing as iaresee. I really wanted to have the volume and wah (other effect) expression pedals on the right side, but they were a little snug for my size 12's. A used Pedaltrain PT-2 will get you there, for a decent price.

There's enough room at the back of the board, to allow for your cables to remain plugged in, and the case is just loose enough to fit your board, set up like this, and a couple of cables. I usually store an extension cord/power strip and Ethercon CAT-5 cable under the board, inside the case, and a couple guitar cables and a towel. I keep the towel to dry things, and keep dust and scratches off, when in the case, or stored on the stage in the open. Towel goes between the board and cables, when stored in the case.

If you're using Mission pedals, some of them (maybe all of them?) allow you to move the jacks to either side, and maybe gain a few fractions of an inch more space; pancake TRS plugs at the pedals also will gain you just a tiny bit, over the Neutrik angled plugs.

Wow! Incredible - thanks a lot guys!

These are exactly the type of suggestions I was looking for - personal accounts from trusted forum users! I am definitely going to look into a PT-2 or else make my own. The PT-Pro looks pretty nifty as well.

I use a PT-Pro for my set up.
MFC + three mission expression pedals.
I love it.
I would do it again.
I've built two identical pedalboards for an AxeFx client, who loves his pedalboard too

The MFC and 2 Mission Expression pedals are VERY tight on a PT-2.....

It took me a bit of playing around to get them on, and I'm happy with the result. Looks almost the same as iaresee's....

I could definitely see myself getting another expression pedal. Now that I think about it, I definitely want a hardshell case with some extra real estate - no softcases. I am comfortable spending 200-300.

The PT-Pro seems to be the strongest candidate. Followed by these NYC Cases.

View attachment 23734
Custom 37"x15"
Plenty of real state
Under $300

Love the MFC extension and the Mission pedals. How much does the extension run? What a cool time we live in.

May want to take a look at these.

Diago Hardcase Pedalboards | Guitar Pedal Board | Effects Pedalboard | Bass Pedalboards | diago.co.uk | Pedalboards | Products

I've got the Showman myself. Perfect size for the MFC and a couple of pedals. Snug fit with the lid on as the foam in the top does push down on the switches
but at least you know its not going to move around.

Can get them from most of the online music stores for $170.

Mark

Love that price tag. I am definitely going to look into these as well. Thanks!

I made my own from plexiglass. It's nice and flexible for stages so it doesn't rock at all. It was really simple. This is the only photo I have but everything is screwed to the board. Bought cabinet handles for the sides and clear silicone rubber adhesive feet for the bottom. Mine is the size of a pedal train pro so i bought the bag.
aa3e60aed19198d80d1afeb8cbe47b6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a picture of this? I have a very similar rig, and it sounds like your solution might work here.

I'm mobile at the moment, but there's a sticky at the top of the MFC sub forum titled 'Show Off Your MFC' or similar that has pics in detail somewhere in the last few pages.

Back
Top Bottom