• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Recommend me your favorite cab sims for LiVE use please

ari

Inspired
Hey all, I'm gigging live with a Mesa 50/50 and guitar cabs and doing great live, but looking to go FRFR and direct tonight. Did one gig direct based on stock settings and wasn't as good as I hoped yet. I am trying again tonight and would like to hear which cab sims anyone here gigs with with success. Amp sims I use the most are USA clean, bassman, friedman BE, SLO, mark IIc and Uber. Any particular cab sound good with high gain/hard rock? Thank you! Ari

mmcm4

Inspired
What mic/cab did you use? One thing that I use to thicken my tone is to use two cabs with different micas for a full-er tone. I like to pair a SM-57 and a R-121.

ari

Inspired
I use two lopoline cabs with an Evm speaker in one and a lead 80 in the other. Thanks for the replies!

mmcm4

Inspired
1. do you mic your guitar cabs when you play live?
2. when you experimented with the stock settings, what cab/mic combinations did you try?

Top Bottom