Recommend me a wedge or frfr around $500

Anthony76

Inspired
Hey guys interested in a frfr setup or similar but have a budget of about $400 $500 a cab max. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Cheers
Ant

edited for spelling

Last edited:
Hi.

I am probably the wrong person to recommend stuff since I have yet to buy a FRFR setup for my axe, but I can share with you what I`m going to purchase.

For a FRFR monitor that seems affordable I was recommended the Alto TS 115A (a pair if you are gonna use the live). These are $349.00 on amazon. I am told this option will be more familiar if you are used to playing through a cab.

I am also going to buy a pair of Equator D5 studio monitors. These seem like the "biggest bang for your buck" when it comes to studio monitors, and they are still fairly cheap. I think they are like $400 for the pair.

The real question is what is available to you down under? It's real easy for people here to recommend solutions to you that are easy for people to get in the US or UK but as I understand it Oz is pretty difficult to get certain things.

The real question is what is available to you down under? It's real easy for people here to recommend solutions to you that are easy for people to get in the US or UK but as I understand it Oz is pretty difficult to get certain things.

All the usual suspects, qsc, jbl, ev etc ideally a pair of atomics, but at 1400 each that's going to have to wait a while.

Cheers
Ant

The XiTone passive wedges are $499 US. Mine are on order so I haven't heard them yet personally but they've gotten a lot of love around here. On top of that, Mick has been awesome to deal with..

Back
Top Bottom