Recommend a tiny Full-Range powered speaker for Axe-Fx 3

This is the best I found at 8 kg weight: The “Blueamps Junior”, stereo (and with stereo fx you will feel this in a smaller room), 2 x 90 watt, 40 x 30 x 24 cm, FRFR, feels a tad like a guitar cab, 2 x 6.5” carbon speakers plus tweeters. 60 hz - 20 kHz, but - cough - 899 Euros! very quiet, no fan, no distortion at higher volumes. Can be matched with a sub of around the same size if you want serious punch.
I have the ilouds as Monitor speakers, also have a nice 10” Xitone, but I use the Junior most. Go figure! Keeps up with a reasonable drummer and is a fine portable solution for a bar gig.
A German one man custom shop builds them. Guy is known in the Kemper Community and builds cabs for some pros. I got the first Junior because I was begging him to build an active cab with these features. Fabulous amp and at this price it better is...;-)

Last edited:
This is the best I found at 8 kg weight: The “Blueamps Junior”, stereo (and with stereo fx you will feel this in a smaller room), 2 x 90 watt, 40 x 30 x 24 cm, FRFR, feels a tad like a guitar cab, 2 x 6.5” carbon speakers plus tweeters. 60 hz - 20 kHz, but - cough - 899 Euros! very quiet, no fan, no distortion at higher volumes. Can be matched with a sub of around the same size if you want serious punch.
I have the ilouds as Monitor speakers, also have a nice 10” Xitone, but I use the Junior most. Go figure! Keeps up with a reasonable drummer and is a fine portable solution for a bar gig.
A German one man custom shop builds them. Guy is known in the Kemper Community and builds cabs for some pros. I got the first Junior because I was begging him to build an active cab with these features. Fabulous amp and at this price it better is...;-)
Can you provide a link to the purchasing website? Googled the product name you mentioned and got no results.

Just a little update on the jbl flip4
Even with a lead plugged into aux there is a tiny bit of latency happening which the flip3 doesn’t have.It feels a little disconnected when playing. So I stick with the flip3 and try to get another one used
@Larry Mitchell, does the jbl clip you have, introduce latency with the lead plugged into the aux in?

That is the weirdest thing... I have a small bluetooth stereo speaker from a company called TaoTronics which is like a cheap Bose (works wonderful as a bluetooth speaker at a fraction of the price). However, when connected to my Axe-FX II XL with a stereo cable, I get a bit of latency as well. That makes it unusable for me (I like to play with loops, and latency doesn't fit in well with loops).

Anyone know what the hell is going on? How can a speaker *physically* connected with wires introduce latency??? Internal signal processing?

Can anyone confirm that some of the Flip 4 models do NOT have this latency? I can't use the TaoTronics (because of the latency) and don't want to buy a flip 4 if it has the same problem...

That is the weirdest thing... I have a small bluetooth stereo speaker from a company called TaoTronics which is like a cheap Bose (works wonderful as a bluetooth speaker at a fraction of the price). However, when connected to my Axe-FX II XL with a stereo cable, I get a bit of latency as well. That makes it unusable for me (I like to play with loops, and latency doesn't fit in well with loops).

Anyone know what the hell is going on? How can a speaker *physically* connected with wires introduce latency??? Internal signal processing?

Can anyone confirm that some of the Flip 4 models do NOT have this latency? I can't use the TaoTronics (because of the latency) and don't want to buy a flip 4 if it has the same problem...

Hi Dpoirier
The jbl flip4 definitely have that latency even if you connect it with a lead
I wrote that in an earlier post
That’s why I try to get another jbl flip3 on eBay or so
Cheers

I was hoping perhaps the flip 4 might not always have the latency... I can find some flip 3 units online, for just a tad cheaper than the flip 4, are we sure the flip 3 models *never* have that latency issue?

I was hoping perhaps the flip 4 might not always have the latency... I can find some flip 3 units online, for just a tad cheaper than the flip 4, are we sure the flip 3 models *never* have that latency issue?

Well at least mine didn’t have any latency, hence why I’m getting a second one
Cheers
Ps I have 2 jbl flip4 and they both have latency if you plug in a lead in the aux in

Just picked up a couple iLoud Micro's for Black Friday at $199 ($100 discount) I needed some externals for my MacBook (blown speaker) and figured they would work as a travel/practice solution with the FM3 as well.

Completely surprised by these little guys. They sound quite good.

Proaudiostar online store has amazing deals on the older version of PreSonus Eris series. Pairs of Eris 3.5” with good cables for $99 to pairs of Eris 8 for $259. Free shipping and enter code Nov5 for additional 5% off. I only mention as I did a lot of research on monitors recently and their offerings and pricing on that series really stood out.

BTW, the reason why these might have latency with a wired connection is because the newer models usually apply an IR to compensate for the deficiencies of the speaker. That said, most higher powered PA speakers also do this nowadays. Done right, this latency should be pretty much imperceptible, but who knows if it's done right. Bluetooth speakers aren't too demanding in that regard, since Bluetooth itself has a ton of latency to begin with.

Maybe a helmet on the Fractal? Otherwise I carry around a Positive Grid Spark Mini speaker, very practical it's a mini amp and BT speaker!

Maybe a helmet on the Fractal? Otherwise I carry around a Positive Grid Spark Mini speaker, very practical it's a mini amp and BT speaker!
I have a Positive Grid Spark Go that has the 3.5mm output hole on the top. How would I connect this to my FM9?

the MINI has an AUX input, for the GO I don't know
I think that the AUX input does not take the Spark simulation, so in theory it should work.

@Larry Mitchell or if anyone can confirm… is this the JBL speaker you use/were using for hotel practice?

Amazon product ASIN B07Q6ZWMLR
Hmm that is not the same one i used. go back a page or two in this thread and i believe some one tried the 3 and there might have been latency. Mine are the very first ones. The 1 or the 2.

I’ve since switched carrying are a cool small NUX MIghty Air it’s stereo although no wide seporation. Has an aux in that i go into from my head out of the FM3 or FM9. Also for a green room amp it has a built in wireless and 7 presets with effects and its own amp simulations. And it sounds really good. Fits in my small suitcase for travel etc.

so when i need to plug in my FM3 or FM9 on the road in hotel rooms back stage etc to check or tweak some thing. I go head 1/4 phone out into 1/8 AUX in and imm good to go. It‘s loud enough for sure
and if my rig is on stage set up and sound checked and i need to warm up. This comes with it’s on built in Wireless transmitter and has some cool amp sims and effects built in that i just go with that for green room warm up

it’s about $160-180 i think. But sounds great for what it is. Is also and 4th level emergency back up. Yep but that is another story. Charges off of USB-C and is about the size of my hand I’m in Australia right now touring i will try to make a video and post it here. But i probably have influenced at least 20 people to buy one just because they came into my green room while i was warming up. (Not trying to influence people to buy one) :)

so I’m in Australia and every site i go to here has it for $280. But in the use i’m sure it was $160. So shop around. :)

https://www.nuxefx.com/mighty-air.html

Hmm that is not the same one i used. go back a page or two in this thread and i believe some one tried the 3 and there might have been latency. Mine are the very first ones. The 1 or the 2.

I’ve since switched carrying are a cool small NUX MIghty Air it’s stereo although no wide seporation. Has an aux in that i go into from my head out of the FM3 or FM9. Also for a green room amp it has a built in wireless and 7 presets with effects and its own amp simulations. And it sounds really good. Fits in my small suitcase for travel etc.

so when i need to plug in my FM3 or FM9 on the road in hotel rooms back stage etc to check or tweak some thing. I go head 1/4 phone out into 1/8 AUX in and imm good to go. It‘s loud enough for sure
and if my rig is on stage set up and sound checked and i need to warm up. This comes with it’s on built in Wireless transmitter and has some cool amp sims and effects built in that i just go with that for green room warm up

it’s about $160-180 i think. But sounds great for what it is. Is also and 4th level emergency back up. Yep but that is another story. Charges off of USB-C and is about the size of my hand I’m in Australia right now touring i will try to make a video and post it here. But i probably have influenced at least 20 people to buy one just because they came into my green room while i was warming up. (Not trying to influence people to buy one) :)

so I’m in Australia and every site i go to here has it for $280. But in the use i’m sure it was $160. So shop around. :)

https://www.nuxefx.com/mighty-air.html
Makes sense. Good to know. I also have the Spark Go which has a 3.5mm input. But what cable/adapter do I use to connect my FM9 and the aux input on the mini speaker?

Makes sense. Good to know. I also have the Spark Go which has a 3.5mm input. But what cable/adapter do I use to connect my FM9 and the aux input on the mini speaker?
Not sure about the Aux in on the Spark Go but usually I come out of the headphone out 1/4 Stereo to 1/8 mini stereo

Back
Top Bottom