Recommend a tiny Full-Range powered speaker for Axe-Fx 3

This is the "Tiny" JBL speaker I use for hotel room playing. that and sometimes I plug right in the TV audio jacks :) for a wide stereo feel. But this is just for hotel rooms. its a Mobile phone type blue tooth speaker that has a jack on it. I think it was $39 bucks

Which model jbl i think you didnt say

Got great headphone but wanna take em off … would have used my ATC monitors but they are too loud.
Yes. That can be a problem with $10,000 monitors.

I'd love to hear if the smaller speakers, when you land on a pair, are totally underwhelming in comparison or if the gaps not $9800 big. Having sold home speakers in my youth, the high marking on those always makes me wonder about the high priced studio speakers. Whether the money gets you significant gain or marginal.

Last edited:
Those are the 25a which are not the huge ones but still the spl is too much;)
Looking at the Genelec 8010a. 3” woofer that goes down to 67hz which is rare for the size. Maybe ill pick up a single as i like mono gtr anyway. Its around 200 each and probably best you can get for the money.

I'd love to hear if the smaller speakers, when you land on a pair, are totally underwhelming in comparison or if the gaps not $9800 big. Having sold home speakers in my youth, the high marking on those always makes me wonder about the high priced studio speakers. Whether the money gets you significant gain or marginal.

Ill report. But its “Logarithmic”… the final 10% are not equal to tne first 10% if you know what i mean…

Just tried the jbl flip3 with my axe8
And it sounds pretty good. The new jbl clip hasn’t got any aux in only Bluetooth so you can’t connect the axe8 or axefx3 direct and Bluetooth will introduce some latency.
I’ll probably get me a new jbl 4 which should sound a bit better than the 3 and still got aux in. They are about 120 Australien Dollar here
You can even connect up to 100 jbl 4 wireless at once not that you need too

The Clip 3 does have an aux in. It is on the bottom under a rubber port cover. No built in cable though, just an aux plug next to the charge port.

Ahh good to know, thx. I did ask the clerk at jb hifi but he didn’t know that and I couldn’t find any detailed specs on the internet . Anyway, I went with two jbl flip4. I’d say there are still very small and got a pretty decent sound when I checked them at the store
Will connect them later to my axe8/ axefx 3 See how they go
Cheers

Ahh good to know, thx. I did ask the clerk at jb hifi but he didn’t know that and I couldn’t find any detailed specs on the internet . Anyway, I went with two jbl flip4. I’d say there are still very small and got a pretty decent sound when I checked them at the store
Will connect them later to my axe8/ axefx 3 See how they go
Cheers
Dude,your doing two ? Stereo? oh I am in Gotta get another one. :)
Thank you

Dude,your doing two ? Stereo? oh I am in Gotta get another one. :)
Thank you
Hi Larry
I tried to go stereo with pairing the two, but this only works when you play music from your mobile, when you play guitar it introduces latency. Need to have a srleprate lead going into the aux of the second jbl
Will try this afternoon, see how it works
Cheers

Hi Larry
I tried to go stereo with pairing the two, but this only works when you play music from your mobile, when you play guitar it introduces latency . Need to have a srleprate lead going into the aux of the second jbl
Will try this afternoon, see how it works
Cheers

Just a little update on the jbl flip4
Even with a lead plugged into aux there is a tiny bit of latency happening which the flip3 doesn’t have.It feels a little disconnected when playing. So I stick with the flip3 and try to get another one used
@Larry Mitchell, does the jbl clip you have, introduce latency with the lead plugged into the aux in?

Just a little update on the jbl flip4
Even with a lead plugged into aux there is a tiny bit of latency happening which the flip3 doesn’t have.It feels a little disconnected when playing. So I stick with the flip3 and try to get another one used
@Larry Mitchell, does the jbl clip you have, introduce latency with the lead plugged into the aux in?
Ah I have had that with some other tiny mobile phone speakers but not. the JBL Flip I have does not. it also doesn't have an Aux in just a cable thats a bit shredded. still working though. but I will look for two more for that stereo vibe too. Ebay here I come. :)
Thank you for the tip
Larry

IK Multimedia iLoud. Stereo full range speaker with a rechargeable battery and has good bass response for its size. Marketed as a portable studio monitor for “on the go” mixdowns. Actually gets quite loud and sounds pretty good to me. They also make a set of small speakers called Micro Monitors if you want more stereo separation, but they are a bit larger and less portable.

This thread is a real gem. It never occurred to me to use a really small speaker as FRFR speaker at home. I must say that I really like the idea of the IK Multimedia iLoud, but then it occurred to my that my son got a rather nice bluetooth speaker for his birthday last year: Teufel Bamster Pro. Fortunately it has an aux - mini-jack input, so I tried that out quickly with a jack to mini-jack cable straight from the headphone output on my AXE III. Must say I was pretty amazed on how that sounded. Definitely good enough for practice/jamming at home. And louder than my family approves of.

I do have the iloud Studio monitors for my travel production studio rig and they do sound great. I totally dig them but for me traveling and playing in a hotel room / small bedroom the little JBL works great
:)

Back
Top Bottom