Received new Axe-Fx 3 today....

Snouttrout

Inspired
I received my new Axe Fx 3 today. Hooked it up to my JBL monitors. It took me a while to find out that I was clipping on the input, and I had to drop the input gain way down. I’m not sure if something is wrong, but then everything started to sound great. I jammed on the Petrucci presets for a good long time. “Learning to Lead” is great!

Then after much frustration I figured out how to add amp and cab blocks. I found the JP2C amp, and it was really easy to dial in. I grew a full beard after playing for an hour tonight! Brutal!!

Attachments

• 04940FB9-E6D8-4C79-8154-194E3C1CEAA3.jpeg
    04940FB9-E6D8-4C79-8154-194E3C1CEAA3.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 65
  • E71D8F6A-DFC8-4D38-A67B-D8A56C11843A.jpeg
    E71D8F6A-DFC8-4D38-A67B-D8A56C11843A.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 60
I received my new Axe Fx 3 today. Hooked it up to my JBL monitors. It took me a while to find out that I was clipping on the input, and I had to drop the input gain way down. I’m not sure if something is wrong, but then everything started to sound great. I jammed on the Petrucci presets for a good long time. “Learning to Lead” is great!

Then after much frustration I figured out how to add amp and cab blocks. I found the JP2C amp, and it was really easy to dial in. I grew a full beard after playing for an hour tonight! Brutal!!
nice!

the front panel has an Input meter for all inputs - if it's turning red, then you're clipping.

also be sure to use Axe-Edit III for heavy-lifting of editing.

Then after much frustration I figured out how to add amp and cab blocks.
Okay, okay...I'll be the one to say it. You owe it to yourself to sit down with the Axe and the manual.

Fractal should buy stock in Tylenol from all the headaches they create. It's completely our fault, banging our heads against the wall until we give in and RTFM.

Back
Top Bottom