Rear input combo stereo jacks

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
I'm racking my III so I never have to climb in the back of that rack again, until I sell it! Well maybe not, but you know. So I have a few questions about the rear panel. Inputs 2-4 are combo stereo. I'm hooking these up to a patch bay. If I'm just using a mono input, like another guitar, is the left input the single jack, or does it matter? And if I have both jacks engaged, like they're plugged into a patch bay, will that activate the stereo inputs, or does it matter?

In other words I might want to use input 2 for a guitar or bass. Or I might use it for keyboards. I'd rather not set it up for single use, but for versatility.

I'm racking my III so I never have to climb in the back of that rack again, until I sell it! Well maybe not, but you know. So I have a few questions about the rear panel. Inputs 2-4 are combo stereo. I'm hooking these up to a patch bay. If I'm just using a mono input, like another guitar, is the left input the single jack, or does it matter? And if I have both jacks engaged, like they're plugged into a patch bay, will that activate the stereo inputs, or does it matter?

In other words I might want to use input 2 for a guitar or bass. Or I might use it for keyboards. I'd rather not set it up for single use, but for versatility.

In the global I/O menu for each input you can set which is used it can be Left / Right or Both (Stereo). So you should be able to plug both into a patchbay and choose the usage in I/O menu.

Back
Top Bottom