Reaper users I need some advice

firmani99

Inspired
After help from from this board in another thread, I have purchased Reaper and EzDrummer 2. I have even made a few drum songs already.
I would like to be able to set up both of these programs on my desktop and my laptop. I will most likely make the drum tracks on my desktop and then use my laptop connected to my Axe FX for the guitar tracks.

How should I set up reaper and ezdrummer for this? Can I have all of the files stored to a cloud drive so that both computers can access them? And how would I go about doing this in each program? Or would I have to export the project in a specific way so that I can import them on the other computer.
Thanks guys. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If your license allows it, you could install the EzDrummer software on the laptop as well and the sample library will get installed along with it. The reaper project files should then only contain MIDI data to trigger the EzDrummer plugin.

The other option would be to render the finished drum track on your desktop to an audio track and then copy that wave file over to the laptop.

Do you know where reaper would keep the midi data and overall project data? I'm guessing that I could somehome point reaper's default location to a cloud drive so that I could open it on either computer.

Those locations are set in Options menu > Preferences..., under Paths. If those default locations are blank, it should prompt you where to save the project file each time. MIDI data is stored inside the Reaper project .RPP file, but it can be saved as an external MIDI file if you double click the MIDI item in the track and choose File > Save as MIDI file. Audio files from tracks are stored in the same folder as the project file by default unless you specify a different path under Preferences.

If I set that path so that the project file and all of the audio files are on a cloud drive it would be too slow to work properly or do you think that would work ok? Thanks again for your help.

If I set that path so that the project file and all of the audio files are on a cloud drive it would be too slow to work properly or do you think that would work ok? Thanks again for your help.
That's probably location specific. Some places it would work but being where I am I would be using an external drive that I could move between the desktop and the laptop.

Back
Top Bottom