Reaper users - How do you set up your Audio Device Settings?

Dpoirier

Fractal Fanatic
Been away from Reaper for too long, can't get it to record audio out of my Axe-FX II XL.

I have USB out to my PC from the Axe
I also run audio out into my little Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (in case it's easier to route it that way). And the Scarlett also has USB into my PC.
So both potential inputs into my PC are USB.

In Reaper's Audio Device Settings, I tried various combinations:
  • Audio System: ASIO, and ASIO Driver: FAS USB Audio ASIO Driver (gives an error: error initializing ASIO driver)
  • Audio System: ASIO, and ASIO Driver: Focusrite USB ASIO (no error, but does not record anything, and meters don't move on armed track)
  • Audio System: ASIO, and ASIO Driver: Focusrite USB 2.0 Audio Driver (same error as with FAS asio driver)

I'm 95% sure I'm doing something really stupid, but honestly I forgot everything I used to know about Reaper (been on Ableton for a few years).

Help?!??

Yeah, driver was installed, but I re-downloaded and re-installed, just in case... Same issue.

Hmm, mine doesn't specify (even though I have a II XL, not a III). It only says "FAS USB Audio ASIO Driver".

Another difference is that the drop-down selection for inputs is all blank, and doesn't let me select any inputs:

Reaper audio settings.JPG

I completely missed that you said you had a II...sorry, been a while since I had a II. Still though, should be pretty straight forward. Have you tried totally unplugging the focusrite just to see what happens?

Oh, I didn't try that yet, good idea. And that helped me remember that my PC's settings probably have the Scarlett as the default sound card! I'm not near my gear now, but once I get there, I'll try setting the Axe as the default? Never tried that, but who knows...

By the way, huge thanks for taking the time to help.

Back
Top Bottom