Reaper and AXE FX 2 help please!

FantomasXD

Inspired
Hey guys, i am a brand new owner of Axe FX 2 and have been using Reaper for a short while. I have searched for information on this but to no avail. Here is my problem:

I can get the guitar sound to come through Reaper no worries, but its a bit delayed which is pretty annoying!
can a fine person here please help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance, much appreciated.

I'm not at a computer that has reaper right now, but I think I know what your problem is. Have you installed the axe-fx drivers from the fractal website? If so, go into your audio settings in reaper. Make sure you have the ASIO AxeFx driver selected!

Hey and thanks for the prompt response, yes i have downloaded the drivers and the firmware is up to date.In the ASIO driver how do i make the sound come through my computer speakers?

i should rephrase that. When i have the waveout or directsound driver activated the sound comes out fine but its very delayed. in the ASIO driver i cant select the output to my computer speakers that are connected to my computer. Sorry if this sounds dumb im pretty bad at computers. thanks again anyone

No - you cant. Its either out via the USB using ASIO of the computer monitors using waveout or direct.

How I have it set up is using an audio switcher. Initially just an A/B/C/D switch (one at a time) but now I use a Behringer Line mixer. I have OP1 of the AFX into one input, and the output from the computer to another - then the output of the switcher/mixer goes to my monitors (or in your case computer speakers). That way when your just using your computer your switch to "A" (for instance) and get the OP from your computer. When using the AFX you switch to "B" and get the audio from you computer routed to the AFX via USB, then back to the switcher from OP1 to your speakers.

What I would reccommend is to plug your computer speakers into your axe fx. This way would have the least latency as all the audio input and output is going through only one hardware device.

You could try this (I haven't tested this, but it should work) if you wanted your axe fx as the input and output through your computer sound card. This method would result in more latency but might be more convenient for you. Google ASIO4ALL and download it. It is a universal ASIO driver for pretty much all audio devices. Once you have that installed, you can select ASIO4ALL in reaper and then configure your axe fx as an input and your computer soundcard as an output. Hope this helps!

Thanks guys. I have taken the plug from my computer and put it in the back of the axe fx. This has fixed everything. I'm a happy boy now!

Back
Top Bottom