Reamping with GarageBand possible?

barryswanson

Inspired
Has anyone successfully re-amped using GarageBand and Axe Fx 3 has the USB audio interface ? I cannot figure how to send my DI from the DAW to the axe3 USB input on the grid. But I can here my DI coming out of my monitors which I have connected to the axe in output 1. I have tried the USB input block in my preset and changing input 1 to USB channels 5 & 6 in the I/O option menu. I can’t seem to find a way to route my outputs in GarageBand it only wants to accept an input on 1 and 2?

That would be awesome!! I can only hear my DI track come through my monitors again when I try to send it through my chosen patch

Last edited:
@barryswanson I sat down to write this up and...I'm afraid this may no longer be possible! It seems GarageBand has lost the ability to pick the specific output on the audio device that it should send audio out on.

I'll continue to poke around to see if I can come up with a solution but as of now, I don't think it's possible. :( Without being able to tell GarageBand to send the playback signal to Output 5 + 6 it won't work.

Yeah I thought that may have been the case but thanks for trying. Might be time to upgrade to Logic..
It's a bit of a shame I couldn't re-assign the USB signal channel in the Axe because I can see and hear it getting the signals from my DAW on channels 1 and 2.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom