Reamping troubleshoot needed.

mwd

Power User
My first attempt at reamping I wanted to try Orbm1’s Guide as per here using SPDIF only:

Using Logic X, Saffire 40 with Mix Control. In Logic I have Saffire chosen as my In and Out device in Audio Preferences.

I routed S/PDIF cables Out to In, In to Out. On the Axe I/O I selected SPDIF and Stereo as Input 1 & 2 Mode. USB/DIGI Out Source were already on Output 1.

I recorded a try track for reference via Axe USB and measured a true peak of -29 dbfs with my Dean Strat. I ran guitar direct in to channel 1 on the Saffire 40 and produced a similar level, armed and recorded a decent test.

I set the Output of that Track to 5/6 (tracks 2/3/4 are hidden for simplicity) and created a new track to reamp and set the input as 5/6.

I can hear the dry track playing thru the Axe preset I’ve chosen however I have armed track 5/6 and nothing is registering on the meter or the main stereo out and recording is silent.

Could someone spot my routing error?

Many thanks.

SPDIF_001.jpg

SPDIF_002.jpg

I have never used spidif, but with usb you have to change the axe fx input to usb instead of front input to run the dry track through the grid. maybe there is a similar setting for spidif

Reactions: mwd
Yes input is set to SPDIF

UPDATE: After much fiddling I was able to solve my issue. If anyone encounters this the SPDIF has to be on channels 9/10 'exactly' as in the example provided by Orbm1. I had chosen channels 5/6. In my case it didn't work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom