Reamping during playback over USB

Guitaresp6989

Hello! Can anyone tell me if reamping during playback over USB is possible? And if so how exactly? I've been searching YT and this forum and seem to find real conflicting answers or answers that are real confusing. I know it can be done over SPDIF, but my Scarlet 2i2 isn't capable. I've figured out how to reamp a DI when playing the track on solo, but when I try to reamp during playback my whole mix gets processed from the Axe which sounds like a distorted mess. I'm really trying to avoid spending extra cash on a new interface that has SPDIF capabilities if I really don't have to. TIA.

Setup is:

Guitar ---> AxeFX II XL+ ---> ProTools

IIRC, you need two interfaces (Axe-Fx II + another one). Aggregate the devices and send the 'reamp' content to the axe for processing/send all other content directly to the 2nd interface -- monitor the axe reamped audio channel also on the other interface. Make sure the axe I/O is set up for USB input.

I've only done this on macOS where it's easy to aggregate audio devices. I'm not up to speed with WIN10 for audio work these days so can't say if it will work over there.

Back
Top Bottom