AFIII Reamping a Live Recording

Axe-Master
I've been remixing a desk recording from a show we did last year, where I had the foresight to get a DI for the guitar and bass. Doing so means i could use the Axe-Fx III to reamp both instruments and fine tunes the tones for a recorded mix as opposed to a live mix.

Guitar is reamped through the MK IV model with the "Mimiq Mimic" from @ccroyalsenders Petrucci Rig. Bass is reamped with the SV Bass 2.

Preset attached

Attachments

• MK IV Live + Factory Cabs.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I have a big gig coming soon, and I thought about doing just that ! Did you use a DI box, or the USB/Digital out of the Axe ?

I have a big gig coming soon, and I thought about doing just that ! Did you use a DI box, or the USB/Digital out of the Axe ?

Do it! it's a lot of fun playing around with the reamping. This gig I used the AX8 so I set output 2 to mirror input 1 and sent that to a DI. Similarly the bass went through a DI before it hit the amp.

I played air guitar (seriously) while wiggling my foot on the wah. The movements probably don't track exactly but it's close enough
That's what I expected ;)

It's the one thing I struggled with a little when I did reamping with one recording. It has to be possible to record the midi data and then while reamping feeding it back to the Axe. I haven't looked into it and haven't read about this here, so any hint would be appreciated.

(I don't intend to hijack this thread, but since it's related... :innocent:)

That's what I expected ;)

It's the one thing I struggled with a little when I did reamping with one recording. It has to be possible to record the midi data and then while reamping feeding it back to the Axe. I haven't looked into it and haven't read about this here, so any hint would be appreciated.

(I don't intend to hijack this thread, but since it's related... :innocent:)

It is on the wish list

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ition-at-the-midi-usb-and-midi-output.161700/

You can record it if you pedal sends MIDI data, but you cannot with a expression pedal connected to the Axe-FX.

Unless you run it through one device that converts the expression pedal to MIDI data. In my case I use the Boss SY-1000: I connect the EXP pedal to the SY-1000, SY-1000 Midi Out to Axe-FX Midi-in. The DAW records the MIDI data received from the SY-1000 USB MIDI driver, simultaneouslly with the guitar recorded from the Axe-FX Audio USB. Roland are the grandfathers of MIDI, it would be strange to find a MIDI feature that they haven't implemented yet at one of their products.

It would be nice if this Exp-pedal to MIDI feature could be implemented at the Axe-FX.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom