Really, really hoping Q9 fixes the Axe-Edit timeout issues

Velokki

Inspired
I'm trying to record our band's first demo, and I do like to tweak and experiment with sounds. The Axe FX-II is a phenomenal tool for this, but at the moment it's very hard to stay creative and maintain a smile when the darn Axe-Edit crashes before you know it. And on my PC (which has great new components and totally fresh Windows 10), if I'd want to continue using Axe-Edit, I'd have to reboot it every time after the communication failure takes place, since even if I quit the process from the task manager, it won't connect for the rest of the session after it's crashed once. And front panel editing is just not intuitive enough for studio use in my opinion!

I really, really hope that a fix is on the way, and hopefully, very quickly! I love the Axe... don't love the communication failures.

Thanks!

Woah, seemingly the issue seems to be there for a lot of people.

One thing I can confirm... It's not a a hardware issue. A lot of people seem to try to search their hardware for issues, which I don't get. I used Axe Edit with FW18 for 3 YEARS with absolutely no problems. Stable as a rock. Ever since updating to Quantum 8 and new Axe-Edit, I've literally had issues every day, but now that I really do need to record and use it for pure productivity, it's driving me nuts.

I must be doing something right because I’ve never experienced this. It sounds awful.
I’ve had problems in the past that don’t seem to have an answer like random Mac reboots that happened to be my old guitar rig pedal interface not playing nice with power saving options.

Give me some wood to touch

I'm pretty convinced that it has fractal audio's attention as it has been reported frequently.

With Q9b it seems less of a problem but still exist less frequently.

No clue if problems are alike. Looks like usb or usb buffer related and then also relation to usb audio. But no real clue or info and is just speculation. And i stopped reporting any issues.

Fingers crossed that Q9 public will really solve it

I hear ya @Velokki, the same story here. Crash every 5 minutes. there was solution of switching to integrated video adapter. This doesn't work for me 'cause I have no integrated GPU, only Geforce GTX760
I did notice that if keeping axe-fx cpu low, under 50%, it reduces crash frequency. So my patches are now very simple, Distortion, Amp, Cab. Try it out, maybe it'll ease your pain while we wait for the fix.
Cheers.

Damn, sorry too to hear that! I must be lucky, as I can't even imagine the hair-pulling it must generate. I run via a Macbook Pro and its never crashed for me, either. Hope they get it sorted soon.

Back
Top Bottom