Really ?!!! No AxeFX or Fractal-Audio-Systems Article on Wikipedia ???

Liquid22

Inspired
Guys :fearscream:

I've been using Fractals Gear for year now. I watched the growing popularity of the Axe-Fx since ULTRA days. Big names hopped on the Axe-Train and also other companies get on the moddler market. And until now I was 100% sure at least one Fractal fan or worker or PR-Guy must have written an Articel about this great company and its Gear.

Today I wanted to compare other Amp-Moddlers with the Axe-Fx III and went on Wikipedia. Only under "Amplifier modeling" there was a list of all types of moddlers. The link of Fractal Audio is just RED, means "there ist no artivle". That's it. There's also no articel about the Axe-FXs or the AX8.

Is my web broken or it is just me, who finds this very very strange?

If I were a mother-tongue speaker I instantly would write an english article. I really have to write thouse articles in german wikipedia now.

I mean THE WORLD should know about the ORIGIN of so many great guitar tones they're hearing out there, right ;)

And who cares about wiki-PEDIA when we have OUR wiki with alla the information we need. ;)

And who cares about wiki-PEDIA when we have OUR wiki with alla the information we need. ;)

You name it.:D That's the point: "information WE need." But it's not about US.

Our Wiki is a great USER-Manual but WIKIPEDIA is an Online encyclopedia, where EVERYBODY can find new knowledge / first of all general information about something (an all linked to another).

If you're doing a research on Wikipedia you won't get a direct link to fractal's wiki. And it should be that way, because knowledge in a encyclopedia should be more or less independent of interests.

That's why I think there should be an general article on Wikipedia about Fractal, linked to Articals about all Axe-FXs, AX8, FX8... it's for the people out there, getting in touch with the FAS-World.

As you prefer... I (I, me, myself) prefer to have reliable information rather than unverified information. That's all.

Everything that stays in an artical on Wikipedia has to be proved. Otherwise it get's cancled + you can re-read every edited step.

What's more reliable than a Text (Wikipedia-Artical) witch everybody in the world can correct and edit?

Last edited:
What's more reliable than a Text (Wikipedia-Artical) witch everybody in the world can correct and edit?
A text written and checked by some of the most reliable Fractal user: Alexander van Engelen (YEK).
But I told you again, if you are fine with your idea of wiki, it's ok, to each his own!

You name it.:D That's the point: "information WE need." But it's not about US.

Our Wiki is a great USER-Manual but WIKIPEDIA is an Online encyclopedia, where EVERYBODY can find new knowledge / first of all general information about something (an all linked to another).

If you're doing a research on Wikipedia you won't get a direct link to fractal's wiki. And it should be that way, because knowledge in a encyclopedia should be more or less independent of interests.

That's why I think there should be an general article on Wikipedia about Fractal, linked to Articals about all Axe-FXs, AX8, FX8... it's for the people out there, getting in touch with the FAS-World.

An anyone can create it, why don't you get it started?

An anyone can create it, why don't you get it started?
Probably you over read it: Als I said: I will do that in german language.

A text written and checked by some of the most reliable Fractal user: Alexander van Engelen (YEK).

I don't get it. Why put both against each other? Yek did and does an amazing job. That's for sure. And it's also for sure, that on Wikipedia (the world largest encyclopedia !) no one can read about FAS till now, becaus there is nothing written about it. And that's sad, again for sure.

I don't think you understand how wiki-PEDIA works.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amplifier_modeling

If someone chooses to write an article for Wikipedia that is in line with their editorial standards (i.e. not a meatpuppet shilling for FAS) then it'll be there.

no one can read about FAS till now, becaus there is nothing written about it. And that's sad, again for sure.

Anyone who could possibly want to know about FAS either already knows about it, has at least one friend that does, or can find out with a simple web search. I don't get why you have such a hard on over a non-issue. Wikipedia isn't necessarily the first and only stop id the search for some piece of information. In fact, in academia wikipedia is HIGHLY DISCOURAGED as a direct source of primary information regarding anything.

Time to move on.... as Albert said, if you think that "the world" needs a wiki PEDIA Fractal page, find somebody who can work with you (since you said that English is not your main language), and do it. I'll be more than happy to learn new thing but for now I rest my case

I don't think you understand how wiki-PEDIA works.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amplifier_modeling

If someone chooses to write an article for Wikipedia that is in line with their editorial standards (i.e. not a meatpuppet shilling for FAS) then it'll be there.

Anyone who could possibly want to know about FAS either already knows about it, has at least one friend that does, or can find out with a simple web search. I don't get why you have such a hard on over a non-issue. Wikipedia isn't necessarily the first and only stop id the search for some piece of information. In fact, in academia wikipedia is HIGHLY DISCOURAGED as a direct source of primary information regarding anything.

Oh boy...

Think I gonna listen to Diego and Albert and also move on.

Axe FX IIXL here and a great ...... preset !!

the riff raff stays in my LP ! I still need it ;)

and no....ect

Edit:

I would have done better to do not write anything!!!!!!!

it's just crazy

Sorry Guys!

Last edited:
@Liquid22 , I get what you’re saying. I’m also surprised that there’s no Wikipedia article on Fractal Audio. Interestingly, they don’t have one for Kemper, either, unless it’s buried several pages back. You can find an entry for Line 6 with just a little digging.

Guys, no one is suggesting that a Wikipedia entry could supplant the Fractal wiki that @yek and others so diligently maintain. People don’t go to Wikipedia for detailed manuals or operation knowledge. But it’s many people’s first port of call for information about stuff. I use it extensively. And most folks who have heard of Fractal gear don’t even know that the Fractal wiki exists.

Axe FX IIXL here and a great Austin B preset !!

the riff raff stays in my LP ! I still need it ;)

and no, I do not want to be the master of the world !! Ah Ah!!

in fact I'm not expecting anything ...

I would have fun with you a little, but I still have a job,

PS: it's starting to look like a bad facebook page ... no? i'll be happy to listen your music ?!

Thank you google translate :)

good night.
How is anything you wrote related to a Wikipedia page for Fractal?

Back
Top Bottom