REALLY NEED HELP! FIRMWARE PROBLEM?

Ok I know I had made a post about this about a week ago but I'm still having problems with what I believe to be a firmware problem.

Ever since I updated the firmware to the most recent, all my presets sound like utter crap. I swear I had not changed anything in the presets themselves. And when I try to fix it at this point, nothing seems to get any better.

Just when I was beginning to love my Axe Fx of almost a year of tweaking around, this crap happens. I promise you I'm not here to troll or to hate but the Axe FX has done nothing more but stress me out searching for tone.

What is the deal with the firmware? My presets don't that have that thump anymore and it also has this fluttering sound. REALLY annoying.

I thought, maybe my cable, so I changed it, nothing. Then I changed guitars, nothing. Then I used my liine 6 wireless, still nothing.

Please! Would really like some insight or advice and not some condescending, patronizing bull either. Sorry I am not on your level yet. All I did was tweak some stuff and I found tones that work for me. I play in an Original rock/metal band and a rock cover band and now I don't even know what to with this situation.

If I have to start from scratch because of, " Oh well that's what firmwares do man, gotta know how to tweak" Im gonna be like ARE YOU SERIOUS?! So every update I gotta go through this?!

I have updated before a few times and I don't remember these drastic things happening!

Just imagine, having tones you love or work for you and then for some ODD reason they just went to crap. Nothing of your own wrong doing other than updating! You can't tell me that "well man that's the axe fx" Then no offense the axe fx is a piece of crap!

Seriously people I kindly ask for help, if there is a solution...

I am losing my mind over here.

Deep breath. Reload firmware. Something went wrong. It has been known to happen. If everything "sounds like crap" then something went wrong during the update. I once thought I had hosed everything and it turned out the battery in one of my guitars (active pickups) had gone low. Deep breath. Reload firmware.

Ok I know I had made a post about this about a week ago but I'm still having problems with what I believe to be a firmware problem.

Ever since I updated the firmware to the most recent, all my presets sound like utter crap. I swear I had not changed anything in the presets themselves. And when I try to fix it at this point, nothing seems to get any better.

Just when I was beginning to love my Axe Fx of almost a year of tweaking around, this crap happens. I promise you I'm not here to troll or to hate but the Axe FX has done nothing more but stress me out searching for tone.

What is the deal with the firmware? My presets don't that have that thump anymore and it also has this fluttering sound. REALLY annoying.

I thought, maybe my cable, so I changed it, nothing. Then I changed guitars, nothing. Then I used my liine 6 wireless, still nothing.

Please! Would really like some insight or advice and not some condescending, patronizing bull either. Sorry I am not on your level yet. All I did was tweak some stuff and I found tones that work for me. I play in an Original rock/metal band and a rock cover band and now I don't even know what to with this situation.

If I have to start from scratch because of, " Oh well that's what firmwares do man, gotta know how to tweak" Im gonna be like ARE YOU SERIOUS?! So every update I gotta go through this?!

I have updated before a few times and I don't remember these drastic things happening!

Just imagine, having tones you love or work for you and then for some ODD reason they just went to crap. Nothing of your own wrong doing other than updating! You can't tell me that "well man that's the axe fx" Then no offense the axe fx is a piece of crap!

Seriously people I kindly ask for help, if there is a solution...

I am losing my mind over here.
others have updated firmware and there aren't multiple reports of something drastic like what you say is happening. so this means it's most likely not the firmware itself, and an isolated incident.

can you upload a few of your usual Presets here? it's very difficult to help with just "it sounds bad" information. on my AX8, i updated to the beta of 9.xx and didn't have to change anything. uploading the presets will tell us way more information than you can type - what amp models, how you EQ things, how you route things, etc.

but from there we need more information like specific guitars you use, what do you plug the Axe into to get sound - amp? frfr? models?

try your best to describe exactly what "sounds wrong" and compare it to what it sounded like before. this forum is Text only, so without details, we can't really help. but videos, audio, presets, etc, we can help.

i would also suggest doing a full Backup right now - from your other thread, it sounded like you never did one before. and even though it's not how you want to sound, might as well get some sort of backup rather than nothing at all. use the Receive tab in Fractal-Bot.

You catch more flies with honey over vinegar.

Hard to offer help when you preempt your helpers with prejudice.

Highly suggest you do as Chris advises and offer some constructive boundaries/parameters to elicit solid advice from others who achieve good tones without hyperbole.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom