Really looking forward to the Release of the FAMC Liquid Router

So, what do you use this for? I mean, I think I understand what it is, but how do you use it in a performance setting?

I'm with you. Some times Jeff gets so deep into the functionality that he forgets to tell you what it is. Channel switcher? It routes various guitar signals/effects, amps?

It is a switcher, mixer, router.

You can do so many things with it. You can plug in multiple guitars, pedal, rack units and route or mix them any way you wish.

Think of the real world equivalent of the Axe-fx Matrix.

For me I can run an Axe-fx II, Eventide H8000, VG-99, a couple pedals, couple of guitars, and talk box and have everything routed in real time. You can change the routing on the fly.

You can do so many things with it. You can plug in multiple guitars, pedal, rack units and route or mix them any way you wish.

any info if it's gonna play nicely with Fuzz pedals ?

For me I can run an Axe-fx II, Eventide H8000, VG-99, a couple pedals, couple of guitars, and talk box and have everything routed in real time. You can change the routing on the fly.

That's pretty awesome!

any info if it's gonna play nicely with Fuzz pedals ?

Yes, I have been in discussion with him since the development of this. That's one thing I suggested. There are unbuffered connections you can use so fuzzes and wahs can play nice (if put properly in the signal chain).

I remember really wanting a Switchblade in my old rack.

This kind of thing isn't really of any use to me now, seeing as I just run the Axe with no other pedals, other preamps, rack FX, etc., but I can definitely understand why this kind of gear is handy. A bit of a shame to have a unit as flexible as an Axe-FX, but then with other FX either side of it fixed in the chain. Being able to expand that flexibility to the rest of the rack would be a fantastic tool.

Back
Top Bottom